You Poms are mad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by GSHAMBROOKE, Dec 18, 2013.

1. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

We dont bother them, they dont bother us.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py4USk-Nd1g"]*YouTube Exclusive* Steve Backshall on the world's deadliest snake - Deadly 60 in Australia - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N-ZlwETll0"]The most venemous snake on earth! - Deadly 60 - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Tell that to Steve Irwin...oh, too Late!! :p

3. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Too soon Boris, Too soon!

:)

actually there is a local version of scissors, paper, rock. Same rules, but it's crocodile, stingray, Steve. The crocodile sign is, well, what you would expect, a biting hand, the stingray is like the paper in the the old school version, and Steve is a thumbs up. Crocodile beats Stingray, Steve beats stingray, stingray beats......

paul

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Fixed it for you. We're tough on more than just grammar. :p

Part of me thinks that's horrible, the other part isn't worth mentioning : P.

5. GSHAMBROOKE

Steve Irwin poked animals with sticks, i have sat unknowingly on the ground in the bush next to a tiger snake that wasn't to amused and it reared up and looked me straight in the eye ball, i said nothing and it decided that i was to boring to hang around and left.

6. komuso

komuso Valued Member

What happens on tour Ero....

And, ummmm, being an academic means I can make brand new words up. :)

7. Ero-Sennin

[Edit: Snipped comment, reading comprehension to first statement was lacking]

And it was a misplaced word! If Crocodiles beat Stingrays, and Steve beats Stingrays, then Stingrays don't beat anything! :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  8. komuso

komuso Valued Member

believe it or not, I saw that I had failed to capitalise, and just thought, oh well.... but failed to realise the fundamental flaw!

Story of my life :)

9. GSHAMBROOKE

GEE you want to hear stories, but will you believe us, OK i packed up my tent one morning and underneath where i had been sleeping was about 10 to 20 scorpions keeping warm off of my body heat at night, True.

10. komuso

komuso Valued Member

it's why snakes end up in your sleeping bag G.

They just love that body heat!

11. GSHAMBROOKE

Yeah and that is why you zip up the tent but you cant stop thing's crawling underneath it.

12. komuso

komuso Valued Member

I can't find it again, bit I take it you have seen that video of the guys herding the goanna into the tent with the guy sleeping in it? Pretty much the essence of Australian humour :)

13. GSHAMBROOKE

No i haven't seen it and i don't know if you know what a huntsman is but waking up in the middle of the night with one of those unholy demons from hell on your face is enough to give you PDS flashbacks and nightmares for a very long time.

14. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

...aaaannnndddd now we can cross Australia off my mid-life-crisis backpacking tour. Thanks.

15. GSHAMBROOKE

Please come camping with me.

16. Ero-Sennin

Holy crap that's worrying.

I've only been in one environment with scorpions that are as easy to find as cockroaches in a trailer park (Afghanistan). We climbed up a mountain for observation of the surrounding area (horrible thing to do when you're in full gear). Halfway up we posted a watch who remained behind which I was on. I plopped my butt on a rock and after about 10 minutes decided to move. I discovered I sat down on a pretty decent scorpion and crushed him to death. I was very weary of where I sat from that day on. :p

One of the guys woke up to a tarantula climbing on his face in Haiti.

Always fun camping in foreign places. :p

17. Ero-Sennin

First thought: "Is that some kind of tribal hunter?"

Second thought: "This word, 'huntsman,' sounds like a Google search you've done. Oh yeah, giant freaking spider."

:cry:

18. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I don't understand why tarantulas have got such a fearsome reputation. They are harmless to humans. Worst thing they can do is if they feel threatened then they will scratch a cloud of little hairs off their backs which really irritate if you get them in your eye.

19. Ero-Sennin

For starters, it's a giant freaking spider. How would you like to wake up to a non lethal arachnid scoping out your face! :eek:

It was hilarious though.

We were camping out near a Hatian "resort" (read "prostitution house") and a lot of the small building like thing had only somewhat crumpled in the earthquake. Some guys were looking to set up a sleeping area in some of these rooms until they turned their flashlights on to view numerous giant spiders all over the walls. It was an unnerving sight. We all took our chances in the grass. :p

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I don't think I could live anywhere that has massive spiders walking about.