You guys will love this clip

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by tccstudent, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartialArtN00b

MartialArtN00b New Member

This thread hurts my common sense.

2. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

i watched your videos richard, what part of your taiji training teaches you how to do those tecniques?

3. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Is that the, you say something long winded, self serving and plain wrong (all be it normally eloquent) and I finish by pointing out how stupid the crap you pedal is, circle?

4. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

You mean, I have to spend several years making my shifu look good by overeacting to him and making him look super-powerful before I can get my own students to overeact to me and make me look super-powerful?

5. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

Read the posts in this thread

6. Richard Dunn

Boinggggg! sorry wrong answer. Your consolation prize is the pleasure of doing 50 press ups.

7. Richard Dunn

Well done, you may end up understanding it after all. Just stand on your feet instead of your head, you are almost there.

8. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Reply being=

So you can get your students to pretend your super-powerful in less time?

9. MartialArtN00b

Why do you guys even bother posting on a martial art forum?

If i were to talk about the kamasutra and its 'qi' generation quality here, people would frown on such a discussion...well perhaps.

But if this thread is pertinent, then so is the one above. And it would be helluva more interesting also. Wether you believe in qi or not, im sure people then would actually try to be more 'open-minded'.

10. Richard Dunn

Boinggg! still wrong answer. This time 100 press ups!

11. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

you guys....

OMG the troll-ometer just went off the scale.... :eek: :rolleyes:

oh, hi Liokault! :D

How's your nose btw?

Okay this has ceased (as if it ever was) to be a worthwhile discussion, so I'm outta here...

Make sure you're all in bed by sunrise boys, or you know what'll happen... :rolleyes:

:Angel:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  12. Richard Dunn

Tch Tch! you have to bring sex into everything, how old are you?

13. MartialArtN00b

Old enough not to believe in santa claus and magic

14. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

I'm trying to upload video of it, but can't work out how!!

15. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Despite all of what you mentioned along the lines of needing the right training in order to experience the things in your vids. Why have you got these vids up on your website? Or why have vids of this stuff at all?

According to what you have said so far, you must know that the majority of people who see the vids are not gonna have the “right” training in order to see or understand what is going on. Hence, it seems like you have “promotional” footage for your school on your website, yet the techniques demonstrated are “bogus”, since they only work on those willing to play along. It seems to me that you are basically enticing ignorant people to your school with false promises of jedi powers. I cannot think of another reason why you would have such vids on your website.

If you expect people to believe the “miraculous”, you must be able to demonstrate the “miraculous”. Otherwise, if you advertise footage of yourself doing something “miraculous” and not back it up within the realms of “reality”. Well, it seems like a con to me. In other words, if you expect people to understand and drop their pre-conceived notions, then you have to be able to show something to this extent, it seems that you cant.

16. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Actually it is the most sensible answer I have seen so far...

17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hi Richard, another pretty interesting clip for Yang style people i think. Always nice to see an old dude strutting his stuff too ! :)
    I imagine then there is a fair few application frames floating around.

i liked the way he was putting in those little front kicks as he was stepping. What was also noticable was the more lively feeling to the stepping and footwork.

18. Richard Dunn

If you mean Ma then he is Wu.

What people seem to not understand about frames / forms is that they are not fixed applications, they are means of training a *way*. The same as the energetic clips that cause so much froth, they are also a *way*. You train a form within a frame and that is specific and fixed in nature, which is why correction is so detailed, but having found the *way* (you becoming the frame / marrow washing) you should then make that form you have learned within the frame specific *your own*. You change it according to individual requirements within the frame of principle, it is yours! If your requirement is application then it becomes an application form, which still sits within the specifics of either large, middle or small *frame* framework.

This is what is so daft about the Wudang lot using a slow standard Wu form and taking application out of it as though it is factual and specific. It is not an application form it is a process of training change that is being initiated, only once you have changed can you possibly understand tai-chi application. You can make a very slow form for health (energetic flow) as its specific. You can make a very stretched and low form for structural training.

If we look at all the senior masters that is why their work is so different. Becoming a student or disciple of them means you have to follow their way until you find your own. BUT look for your own before you have changed and you lose it, that is why your teacher should be the one to tell you when you are ready. Now the big problem is that probably only a couple of percent of those teachers in the West were ever made ready to that level in the first place. Blind leading the blind. But any tai-chi is better than no tai-chi as at least that tai-chi is not a completely different *way* masquarading as our way, a la Wudang. That is the fox in the chickens AFAIAC, which is why I am so vocal about it, as it has the potential of killing our knowledge.

Forms are individual, frames are specific containers for form.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

OK, lets try to get to a resolution.
    For External MA and Non-Believers. Empty Force or Energetic Training or any other name you want to call it, will have no notable effect against you, so don't worry about. It won't stop you hitting and you won't fly across the room. So chill.

For Believers, It may aid your development in many ways but be prepared for a long road but if you have choosen this route you are not into for the effect but in it for the journey. So enjoy.

Remember people not every martial artist is "in it" to be a fighter.

Me, I have done both over many years and recently came to the conclusion. I LIKE FIGHTING!

20. Richard Dunn

This creates no resolution as it makes no sense within the context of the argument. A tangental non entity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.