yoga - finding inner peace and tranquility

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by hux, Feb 16, 2006.

1. hux

hux ya, whatever.

OK, so they offer a free yoga class at my work during lunch and i finally got around to trying it out.

we did this:

[​IMG]

"you are a warrior! strong!" *

and then we did this:

[​IMG]

"you are a tree in touch with the earth and the sky above!"

and then a little of this:

[​IMG]

and then some of this:

[​IMG]

all while this fruity buddha temple music was playing in the background. The instructor kept saying things like "thank your body for allowing you to enjoy this time" and "move into your third eye" and such.

I tried to remain respectful - she only seemed a little taken aback when I asked her when we would start kicking each other.

Meh. It was OK. I felt like an asshat - big tattooed dude in a room full of middle aged women and guys who were prolly looking at my butt, if you dig what I'm saying. Felt like an hour long stretching session. With fruity music.

Anyways - thought I'd share my experience. Anybody else tried this? I'm actually going back friday. I spent the afternoon at the office jumping into the warrior pose and yelling "WARRIOR!"

:D

2. TheAngle

TheAngle Valued Member

Where did you get that thin bearded dude?
    It looks like a very incorrect DFD.

3. hux

hux ya, whatever.

google image search - yoga dog pose

when we did it we didn't look up like that. I dunno dude, it was day one for me. I chose that pic for the funny diaper, honestly.

edit

he comes from here:

http://www.jaisiyaram.com

that site is comedy gold if you ask me ;)

/edit

4. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

I think if you want to make a really good impression at work, you should go in the proper outfit to demonstrate your enthusiasm.

[​IMG]

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I spent three years doing yoga before I started doing MA. I know exactly what you mean about feeling odd being one of a small handful of guys in a room full of middle-aged women! Often I was the only guy, and I sometimes got paranoid that I'd walked into a women-only class by mistake and no-one had the guts to tell me. :eek:

Ironically, I quit yoga because I found it too gentle. Not only that but I find MA better for stress relief. Perhaps I'm just odd.

6. hux

hux ya, whatever.

nah, I feel the same way. I get a lot more out of bashing things, I think. I'll give it a couple weeks and see if it helps with flexibility, which is why I tried it to start with.

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I go to a yoga class once a week. Yeah, the guys there are looking at my ****, most of the chicks are older than my mum and the music's a pile of tree hugging hippie crap, BUT: 1) the teacher's really hot and 2) I get to fart in public :D