yoga and Judo?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by SB1970, Jan 29, 2008.

1. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

Hi all

I'm in my late 30's and small(5ft 7) round and fairly inflexible
    Going to start judo soon,and my gym does yoga classes(which i would'nt have to pay extra for) the question is would doing yoga regular ie 2 classes a week and home practice help my judo??

thanks

2. john3:16-3:18

john3:16-3:18 New Member

I would

what I would do is pratice you flexabilty in your spare time even at work you can pratice streaching helps and you can do small exercies when you are waitinging line somewhere what you do is you stand up on your toes and let your self down slowly without letting your heals touch to ground hope that i was some help

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

The biggest thing practicing Yoga will help you do is perform yoga. However, you will definitely see benefits in Judo, especially when doing newaza (ground fighting?). You'll probably have better flexibility, strength, and just be in better shape and a better person. Go for it. I wish my gym offered a yoga class, that would be sweet.

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Because most of us can't do it without lifting your heels which is harder and better for you :)

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yoga's ace. Go for it.
    I've started doing twenty minutes or so of Yoga poses most mornings.
    Rickson Gracie does Yoga. Matt Thornton does Yoga.
    Many martial arts stretches you do in classes look just like Yoga postures and so Yoga crosses over into body conditioning very well.