yo...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by kharandhil, Mar 10, 2005.

1. kharandhil

kharandhil New Member

I'm new here

I just had some questions about MA

I'm 19 almost 20 I have been doing MA seriously for about a year and a half

i used to do some MA in real yclubs but I just stoped everytime
    so now im training myself alone...

so i could use some advice....I'm hoping ill get some advice to be able to increase my level

my art is pretty much freestyle but i took moves and styles from karate kickboxing ,kung fu and some ninjutsu

I hope i'll get a lot of nice adice from this forum

2. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Welcome aboard. This is the best martial site on the web (probably).

Training completely alone is really difficult. Some say impossible. You can make yourself stronger and fitter and tougher and better at what you know - but how will you know it works if you don't try it out? You can get all philosophical about it and say that a martial art only exists between two people and that all else is practice for that moment - but more importantly its almost impossible to measure your improvement or reflect on your performance without the seasoned eye of an instructor. Learning moves from different styles ...martial arts work best as a system, so without a degree of experience its hard to ensure that you have a relatively complete repertoire of skills. Sorry not to have an easy answer for you, but think about class again - even if its only once a week

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Alreet Kharandhil, welcome to MAP :D

4. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

I'd agree with Nick - particularly on his first point! :D

At the very least, get together with a group of different martial artists once a week and do some training / sparring etc together. I used to rent a squash court and do a session with Kung Fu, Karate and Tai Kwon Do folk (as well as a few other styles on occasion) together and do a regular 'cross sparring'.

But being part of a proper club is the best way to learn martial arts - why did you stop previously?

5. pinkpsycho

pinkpsycho Valued Member

hello!! nice to meet you!! welcome to MAP!! :love:

6. kharandhil

kharandhil New Member

thanks i guess...

about training alone;;
    I had to stop doing clubs efvery time cause i felt there was a too big difference in level

so i could adapt myself to my level and progress at my own level by how much i wanted myself...

ok i miss some things like a teacher giving me advice and correcting me...that can really miss , but having a guy to fight with ....i dont miss that much ,since I've kinda tested my training and results were quit good
    i mean I do basic training a lot...like speed ,agility , strength and endurance...

it is difficultto hit me without me blocking...whenever i kick it seriously hurts...especially if u dont block but even so if you block u get hurt ( during 2 fights on the streets while going out if kinda broken the arm of 2 guys who were messing with me... )
    I've got to work a lil on agaility but my agility is far from being average....

endurance has been down lately since jogging has been impossible lately because of the temperature lately...

as for my style...
    i kinda took moves from different MA which i combine ...
    I'm also working on my own style I dunno if it already excists and some may find this wierd but yeah im kinda inventing my own style from experiences ive had before and from daily training

ive tested it...but never that long since every timle the guy is imediately down or is just begging for me to stop...

7. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

Welcome to MAP