Yo-yo's!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chr9is, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Chr9is

Chr9is New Member

Anyone else here besides me find yoyo's to be incredibly fun?

2. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

to do tricks or to whack people upside the back of their heads? :D

3. jess869

jess869 New Member

both can be amusing... espeshially if you can do both at the same time

4. Chr9is

Chr9is New Member

Agreed! Though tricks are really fun, so is randomly messing around with your friends with it. (Swinging it to within just an inch of their face =-P )

5. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Oh you're talking about the toy not people! :D Yes Yo-Yo's were fun in the 70's.

6. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

yo-yo's were badass in the 90's :D i was damn good ^^

7. Lilika

Lilika Scientia est potentia

8. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Bah, that guy would have put me to shame lol, he split the atom like 30 million times there. I was good, but not that good ;)'

edit: if anyone is curious, I used to own a henrys viper(probably still have it somehere gathering dust), what kind of yoyos does/did everyone else here have?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  9. Falcore

Falcore almost acceptable

Yo yos aren't my thing, but about 2 years ago a roomate I had went on this crazy yo yo binge - bought a whole bunch of them.
    One day on a random yo-hunt at this old-school toy warehouse, he started chatting with the old dude behind the counter, and the old guy gets all excited, shuffles off into some dusty back room and whips out this old faded box. Says they used to be real popular about 30 years ago and this is the last one they have. So my mate buys it for Aus$5. Get home and open it up - it's this really elaborate kickass wooden thing, works like a dream (according to my mate). So he gets on the net and looks it up, and apparently it is some collectors edition antique highly sought after yo-yo, and to the right enthusiast is worth a few hundred US$.
    Can't complain about that...

10. jess869

jess869 New Member

nice one.... ka-ching xD

11. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

I saw this thread and thought it was talking about the minty chocolate biscuits, i was so dissapointed! I do find messing about with a yo-yo a good way to relax and pass the time though, so much better than those cruddy stress balls and so much more damage potential :cool:

P.S. Mint yo-yo biscuits rocked!

12. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I used to be pretty handy with one, and suspect I still am. I'm nowhere near that Japanese guy though.

13. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

I used to be a hardcore yo-yoer back in like 8th grade. I still have my Yomega Raider and Wing Force.