yo! taekwondo 1st dan, kempo karate, eskrima, muay thai/boxing

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jack_Brando, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Jack_Brando

Jack_Brando New Member

I do all the martial arts listed above (one of my masters teaches alot of this, just depends on the day). I am 15 and have been doing martial arts since i was 5. I like any thing martial arts related.=) nice ta meat ya!

2. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Nowthen Jack nice to meet you too ;)

3. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

welcome

4. Jack_Brando

Jack_Brando New Member

im from Iowa lol, so ya you can say im pretty northern

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Welcome to the forum :)
    That signature of yours has to go, by the way. Just to refresh you on the Terms of Service:
    Thanks

6. Jack_Brando

Jack_Brando New Member

oh alright=)

7. spirez

spirez Valued Member

1st Dan at 15?

8. Smokey13

Smokey13 Valued Member

i was junior at 14? the effects of training at a mcdojo.

9. Smokey13

Smokey13 Valued Member

JB welcome to the forums.

10. Jack_Brando

Jack_Brando New Member

well i was white belt at 5, that took 10 years to get 1st dan

11. Smokey13

Smokey13 Valued Member

Nice. 10 years is a decent time. I took 4 years. For some reason i look back and shake my head. I remember when i got my black belt the delusions i had about being able to take on full grown men. I was 14. hmmm...

12. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

What are 1st dans supposed to know now days? I haven't done much with belt rankings... My dad was a 1st dan when I was a little kid, but that was nearly 20 years ago.

13. Jack_Brando

Jack_Brando New Member

I dont think i can take on full grown men, but i have seen 11 year old kick the living crap out of a dude that was like 21, it really depends on the person, still im not gonna burst the door open of a triad leader and say "bring on your best fighters!" lol

14. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

Hey, don;t worry about being a 15 yr old black belt. some people get all bent on things like that. let'em talk. there is a 16 yr old i know, that could wipe the floor with any regular adult. people get older and they get nervous of the younger generations.
    In Peace,
    Jesse

15. Starks

Starks New Member

The youngest black belt at our school is a 10 year old boy. We don't have separate youth testings either; he did the same endurance tests, and met all the same requirements, that I did (I'm 30). He was AWESOME. And I can say with pride that I'm NOT from a McDojang. I'm sure you earned your belt, and I'm glad to see you brought some humility along with it. That shows that you're mature enough to have it.

16. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Ah, youthful exuberance. Wish I'd started even earlier. I'm finding it hard now at 21 to reach the same energy levels of the junior students, I dread to think about what it would be like if I was older!

17. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

yea i wish i had started earlier my parents tried to take me and said i would want to do it later, i complained and ended up not doing it and now of course its my main passion pretty much lol, but yea its cool that u can get ur belt that early at my school u cant get ur brown till ur atleast 16 and not ur black till 18 so people that are ready just kinda have to wait for age

18. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

:confused: your tired at 21 ???????????????
    wait till those un-noticed injuries creep up on ya :)