Yo, I'm new here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kurama, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Kurama

Kurama New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Hmm...how to start this off.

I am self-taught, with my own style, which still needs a name. I am in the 11th grade and I live in Upper Marlboro Maryland.
    but the problem is, is that I don't have a sparring partner to test out what I learned and such, so If you live in Upper Marlboro, or anywere close, and want to sparr, look me up.

I don't really have alot of hobbies but training, drawing, playing games, and doing photoshop type work.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

You are 16yo and have tought yourself your own style?

Daft question - what MA rankings do you have to base your style off?

I will warn you now - theres a lot of people here who will flame you just on saying that you have made your own style at that age. I am one of them, but I will restrain with it being your first post :Angel:

Oh, and welcome to MAP :)

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Welcome to MAP.

What is the basic make up of your style?

Have you thought about going to a formal school for some other training as well? There are probably some people on MAP that can recommend a good school.

:)

4. Kurama

Kurama New Member

Well, I should have refraised it and said that I am making my style and that I am in the really early stages of it. Well, I can say that my style dosn't have a basic make up. What I am doing now is using martial arts books and learn the basics. The books I read so far were Ninjutsu, Kenpo, Taichi and Tai Quan Do. Wierd mixup I know, but hey. Also if anyone could reccomend a formal school, that would be great.

5. yodaofcoolness

yodaofcoolness New Member

Welcome to MAP.

Find a school. Books will not teach you reflexes.

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

kind of like a mechanic starting his own shop despite having never worked on a car before, and never having even done a mechanics course- his only knowledge comes from watching someone else fix a car and reading books from the local library.

would you take your car to this mechanic? go to a school, any school. what you are doing right now is learning bad habits that will take ages to undo.

7. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Like the rest said, join a REAL school/training program. There's no substitution for the real thing.

Welcome to MAP.