Yiquan/Dachengquan teachers hard to find....

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Xue Sheng, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

...at least they are in my area of the world

I trained a little Dachengquan in a few seminars with Wang Rengang, and I would like to train more, but he is in NYC, and that is 4 hours from me and to be honest, I don't like NYC...and I am not ready to pay $150/hour for private lessons. There use to be a good teacher in Boston Chinatown, but I cannot locate him and that is also 4 hours away. And the other one I know about is in Toronto but that is 8 hours away. I also know of a good one in Beijing...but that is ridiculously far away form where I am

So at this point I only know of 3 Yiquan/Dachengquan teachers and none of them are close to where I am in NYS.

If anyone knows of any Yiquan/Dachengquan teachers in New York or Massachusetts let me know

2. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Sorry, I can't help other than to say - Hope you are lucky and find a teacher. However, I'd suggest finding a teacher of some other martial art that is near to you. Training in any art is way better than not training at all.

3. Xue Sheng

I already train Yang and Sun Taijiquan and Hebei Xingyiquan, have for years (over 25), even teach taijiquan and have taught a little Xingyiquan...also have a dash of Yiquan with Wang Rengang....but now I would like to look at yiquan again in more depth

robertmap likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

Located a teacher who is allegedly well trained and very good. Have not contacted him yet since winter is coming and he is, I am told, 2.5 hours south west of me. But still closer than any other I can locate

5. Xue Sheng

Update:

Located a teacher, talk about training, told me to be three a day and time I can't make it on such short notice (3 days). I then asked for another day and time and how much he charged......and then nothing...no further response to any e-mail I send.....so..... I will not be training Yiquan with this gentleman. Apparently I did something to offend