Yim Wing Chun {Split thread}

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by gedhab, Dec 21, 2004.

1. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Although that can not be verified...unfortunately.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Figure you would take this thread off track.....

Let me add some other prominent female martial artists from history that you can gripe about also....

Yu Niu (770 BC - 221 AD)
    Baogu (317-420)
    Princess Ming-lian (467)
    "Mulan" (589-618)

and Ng Mui (1662-1722) where Yim Wing Chun, under Ng Mui a legendary female ma, Wing Chun developed WC

3. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

and so the thread is derailed...

have at it gentlemen :rolleyes:

4. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

I see, so i rightly mention that yim Wing Chun is not a historically proven figure in the MA world or otherwise and you try to detract from that fact by saying it's "off-track"...how conveniant! :rolleyes:

5. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

How convenient for you now that Kgirl has given you your very own thread to debate the historical truth concerning Yim Wing Chun.

I'm well aware of the controvery regarding the story of Ng Mui and Yim Wing Chun and that it was most likely contrived in order to conceal the truth & identities about the system's origins and the real developers.

7. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Thats good. thanks for clearing that up. What are your thought son this matter then? ;)

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

NP

Doesn't much matter what my own thoughts are on this really .... all I can say that it does seem that this story has now been sufficiently and historically debunked as a myth, told by Ming-loyalist secret societies to conceal their training for rebellion against Manchurian rule.