Yet another "Soke" "Grandmaster" "Knight"

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dean Winchester, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

2. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

He needs a "blackboard monitor" in there...

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

He's getting close with this one:

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

5. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

All that and I've never heard of him.

6. Dean Winchester

The sheer amount of wrong on that page is mind boggling.

It looks like he's just googled various terms and chucked them together without understanding their meaning.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I just... I can't...

:dunno:

The quality of Walts these days ain't what it used to be. I mean, look at the guy. His face is a mash-up of those Crimewatch mugshots that gave me nightmares as a kid, and something that looks like a cheese burrito left out in the sun too long. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got in that... "shape"... eating a few burritos, actually. And cake. And ice cream.

Just like that bellend who nominated himself for an MBE. Christ, the guy couldn't even do a proper karate ready stance amd he was claiming to be a bloody 10th Dan. I can't begin to fathom the extent of the childhood trauma they endured to actually think people buy into their crap.

This dude's titles are ridiculous. Then you have someone like Bill Wallace, who insists you call him just "Bill." No "soke," "grandmaster" or "guardian of the nine meridian gates." Just Bill. Says it all, really.

8. Bruised Lee

Bruised Lee Valued Member

That level in all those arts???? I make him 1,522 years old.... He looks good

9. Dean Winchester

I've tried to contact him via that site but I'm having trouble.

10. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Pttf.. Only thing he has ever grappled with is a KFC mega bucket.

If your going to make up grades at least stick to only a couple of arts rather than a ridiculously long list....Cant say I have ever met a bona fide kickboxing/MMA 10th Dan before :) Not even the Highlander had long enough to gain such rankings..

STYLE & RANK
    Combat Jujitsu /Military Arts 10th Dan
    Budo-Ninjutsu / Nepal Combat Arts 10th Dan
    Goju Singh Kai Ryu/Way of Lion Fighting 10th Dan
    Mixed Martial Arts 10th Dan
    Aiki Bujutsu Samurai Do Kan Ryu 10th Dan
    Aïki Jujitsu-Jujitsu 10th Dan/ Hanshi
    Aikijustu 10th Dan Aikido/Aïkibud
    Acrofull 10th Dan
    All Style Kung Fu / Red Shash 10th Daun
    Bujustu 10th Dan
    Combat Goju 10th Dan
    Close Combat Jujitsu 10th Dan
    Close Combat Martial Arts 10th Dan
    Chinese Martial Arts 10th Dan
    Cinturon Negro 10th Dan
    Daito Ryu-Bu-Justu 10th Dan
    Defense Personal Dai Shin Tora 10th Dan
    Goju Shin Kan Ryukyu Naha To Te Jutsu – 10th Dan
    Goju Singh-Kai/Way of Lion Fighting
    Goshij Justu 10th Dan
    Hapkido – 10th Dan
    Jujitsu/Gentle Arts 10th Dan
    Jiu justu 10th Dan
    Koryu Bujustu 10th Dan
    Karate 10th Dan
    Karate Jujitsu 10th Dan
    Kick-Boxing – 10th Dan
    Kung Fu – 10th Dan
    Kongsu Do/Deokmu –Won 10th Dan
    Kali – 9 Tiros 10th Dan
    Kali – Jun Fan 10th Dan
    Kuk sool do – 10th Dan
    Krav Maga – 10th Dan
    Korean Martial Arts 10th Dan
    Mixed Martial Arts – 10th Dan
    Muay Thai - Kru /'Grand Ajarn'10th Dan
    Martial Arts Sciences 10th Dan
    Ronin Ryu Jui-jistu 10th Dan
    Radical Self Defense System 10thDan
    Vietnamese Combat MA – 10th Dan
    Self Defense (Budo Bushi) - 10th Dan
    Self Defence Sciences Association 10th Dan
    Pankration 10th Dan
    Kempo Ryu – 9th Dan
    Rhando Close Combat – 9th Dan
    Shinpo Ryu – 9th Dan
    Gojitsu Ryu 8th Dan
    Professional Self-Defense 8th Dan
    Hapkukenbo – 8th Dan
    Horting 7th Dan
    ISCO World Jissen Karate Do Federation - 7th Dan
    Strike Combat System /Combat Striker 7th Dan
    Shotokan 7th Dan

Maybe verifying (Debunking) the grades in the more Prevalent systems i.e Shotokan would be a easy start but why bother...

11. Aegis

I love this one in particular:

Why? Because...

he has a 10th dan in black belt, apparently

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This site dated 12th July 2012 claims a 12th Dan in Combat Jujitsu/Military Arts, yet this site dated 2013 claims a 10th Dan in the same art.

The same goes for Jujitsu/Gentle Arts, MMA and Kick Boxing.

13. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

LOL, I was thinking the exact same.

14. Dean Winchester

"Bujustu ‐ 'Bujutsu Kai Takeuchi Ryu'
    9. Aikido ‐ Aïkibudo 'Katori Shinto Ryu'"

Like I said he's just chucked words together.

Both of those are rather old and well respected systems of Koryu, with the spelling of Takeuchi indicating something rather specific. Though I imagine he doesn't know what.

For example here's a quick run down on Tenshin Shōden Katori Shintō-ryu.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenshin_Shōden_Katori_Shintō-ryū

Edit: I may have been hasty, there is a Bujutsu Kai Takeuchi ryu but it certainly doesn't seem related to the koryu of a similar name. It is headed by a "Soke" in Poland.

We shall see.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  15. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Y'know, i hate to say it, but the martial arts industry is a joke. Fakes, frauds, and Walter Mittys operate globally, awarding themselves ridiculous titles, claiming authority with zero skill or knowledge, and delivering a dangerously flawed product in a negligent manner.

With total impunity.

Can we even refer to martial arts as a serious "industry" when it lacks any type of standards, scrutiny, or regulation? The only thing it has with other industries is the exchange of money. Even some of the biggest names in the industry operate on a "circle-jerk" system where one incompetent fraud gives his approval to another incompetent fraud and so on and so forth until the approval comes back around. Unfortunately then, it would seem that the martial arts industry is more about fulfilling the fantasies of the lazy and weak, than actually developing a useful and effective skill-set. Advances in technology and media have given charlatans even more reach and exposure than before - the situation can only get worse.

The silver lining of this, of course, is that - using these same advances - groups of people from a wide range of backgrounds can discuss their thoughts and come together to train: Testing knowledge and investigating it independently - free from the influences of trendy marketing, unverified history, or god-like figures whose imaginary titles transcend the boundaries of spelling and grammar. Forums like MAP are therefore crucial to the future development of martial arts - not just for the input that its members make from a keyboard, but for the input that is made when those members meet and touch hands.

16. Aegis

This is something of a double-edged sword of course, as training records and claims in general are far more readily verifiable with more and more technology available to use. Some of the recent threads have had us trawl all over the world for references to bogus organisations when verifying someone's claims, and that job can itself only get easier.

As you say, the only remaining requirement is to verify someone's skills, and that becomes easier as well if they have foolishly posted videos of their skills for us to find!

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Oh crap, now you tell me. :(

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Well it's a good thing you're so devlishly handsome then, isn't it?

19. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Seriously though, whenever I see someone with a list like that, I can't help but wonder if they realise how ridiculous it looks?

20. JonWal

JonWal Valued Member

Even the least educated in martial arts would know how ridiculous that list is. Shirley? :D