Yet another hello!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shmook, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

How do,

Been lurking here on and off for a few years but thought I would sign up today to try and give me more motivation to start back into martial arts!

I practiced judo when I was a nipper, until the club shut down. I enjoyed that. Then at 17, a friend introduced me to soo bahk do, which I also enjoyed as I like big kicking. I did that for 2 years until I moved away to uni and didn't have time for any training while there...

Then at 30 I started Krav Maga, which I kept up for about a year until life got in the way, along with funding for it.

I'm now 34, and will be getting back into training after Christmas. I'll be giving my Krav instructor a shout and take that back up again I think. I properly loved it, and know it can get a bad reputation (especially on here), but I can see it for what it is. It's fun for me, and I know it won't turn me into a "special forces killer". Don't believe it would either. I enjoy it, I get from it what I want and I understand that it's not some deadly mystics art! The instructor is a belting chap too, really nice to be taught by and was genuine.

Anyway, enough of me trying to justify Krav, this is a great forum from what I've gathered over the years, so hi!

2. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Hi! Welcome to MAP!

3. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Hi and welcome to map!

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

5. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

6. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Welcome to MAP.

7. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Welcome to MAP.

8. kidsamurai

kidsamurai New Member

welcome to MAP :D

9. FusionMMA

FusionMMA New Member

Nothing wrong with Krav Maga, like most things it depends how you train with it and where and what you expect to get from it.

10. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome!