xing yi chuan & ba gua zhang

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Chazz, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

xing yi chuan & ba gua zhang have always been something that i have wanted to learn for personal use. Does anyone have any suggestion on how i could go about learning some of these. I have talked to a few people about just teaching me some of this at their school, not for rank and not for me to learn and teach but just for me to know and do. So far i have got no responce. Any ideas???
    :cool:

2. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Hey there its not exactly the same but I would check out some Yiquan.If you have a bit of cash and time I can highly recommend traveling to Beijing and training at ZhongXun school,you can check it out at www.Yiquan.com
    XYQ and BGZ take time and the basics are really important so it is worthwhile finding a good instructor.

3. Tseek Choi

Tseek Choi Banned Banned

Xing Yi & Bagua

Chazz,
    I've never met anyone that has a ranking/grading structure for either of these systems, so be concerned if someone claims to have rank in either of these styles.
    If you want to learn the basics of Xing Yi Quan, most instructors should be prepared to show you the five fists (ask very nicely/politely).

Also get a copy of "Xing Yi Quan Xue" by Sun Lu Tang. The best book on Xing Yi available.

Also check out www.emptyflower.com
    You can get mpeg clips of each of the five elemental fist techniques and lots of information about xing yi quan.

Remember Xing Yi is meant to be very simple. The idea is to learn each technique and practice it thousands of times until you become the technique.

Xing Yi is more about searching within yourself than it is about fighting, yet it has some of the most direct & powerful attacking techniques of any art.

Xing Yi is about "being & becoming" rather than "thinking & doing".

good luck
    Colin.........................

4. touchstone_snap

touchstone_snap New Member

learning hsingi...

I fully support tseek choi in his statement to check out www.emptyflower.com ... its the best site I have seen for the internal styles personally...

I have trained hsingi and really enjoy it as a martial art... bagua is on my list too and I'm looking forward to it.

If u r interested in reading some books check out www.plumflower.com I have bought a couple of books from there myself and they r pretty good... the one by li cun yi mayb worth checking out too...

All the best hope u like the arts...

5. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

try emptyflower as everyone suggested...
    www.yiquan.com.pl for yiquan
    for ba gua u should look for park bok nam
    www.pa-kua.com
    another TKDist getting involved with internals :D cool dude
    i m taiji man with some Yi quan :)
    -TkdWarrior-

6. SliqueRICK

SliqueRICK The Internal Boxer