Xenogears- One of the Greatest RPGS of all time

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BoxBabaX, Jun 24, 2005.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Anyone else played this game? it really is one of the best rpgs ever made.

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

An underrated classic indeed. Probably something to do with the fact that it's harder to come by than unicorn poo! It's a very good game though, I'd recommend it to anyone into RPG's and its spin off the Xenosaga series on the PS2

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

lol yeah it is pretty difficult to come by, but i think the main reason its so underrated and uncommon, is because it came out 8 months after the release of final fantasy 7, and like 5 months after the release of Zelda 64(ocarina of time). Heh its kinda sad really, that people didnt get to experience this great game.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

It never saw the light of day here in the UK, neither has Xenosaga. Thankfully, there've been some *ahem* modifications made to my PS2 and i can play them just fine :D

5. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

u sure? im almost positive ive seen it(xenogears) in the UK. I used to live their about 5 years ago, hmm. Both Xenosaga and ep. 2 or just the first?

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I can say with absolute certainty that neither Xenosaga game has been given a PAL release. As for the UK release of Xenogears - if it happened, it must've been a really tiny run, because I couldn't find any copies anywhere. Still, one flip lid, an extra swap disc and a SCART lead later, and I can play it anytime I want :D

7. Song1

Song1 New Member

i enjoyed the little bit that i played. my friend has it. i play it a few hours and then we went on to do other things. i should "borrow" it from him sometime soon.

8. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

if u enjoyed the "little" bit u played, u will LOVE the rest of the game, as it picks up to a point where u cant put it down. And yes sever, iam 100% positive now that i did see it in the UK, in 1998 if i recall correctly, it was probably around the time when it came out/ months following. It is also extremely rare here in the US, so i find that normal.

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

That would explain it - I didn't start looking for it until about 2000/2001. All the copies I saw on Ebay were NTSC though, so I guess the people who have the UK run want to keep it :D
    Great game though, the AWGS were a million times better in that than Xenosaga 1

10. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

yeah it was nice how gears werent useless in xenogears

11. Aaren J

Aaren J New Member

Wow. Haven't heard this game get mentioned in a while.

12. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

u played it?