www.britishblindsport.org

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by Melanie, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I have been doing a fair bit of research recently - so many organisation are out there if you know where to find them that can assist you in your goals.

The above organisation British Blind Sport is a registered charity and the co-ordinating body of sport for the blind and partially sighted in the UK.

The charity was set up in 1975 by visually impaired people, to enable them to have a controlling interest in their various sports.

I have left a brief message on the discussion forum there (well post board anyway) mentioning us - lets hope we can help as much as they help us.

Disabled Martial Arts Awareness, posted by www.martialartsplanet.com on Sept 14th 2005. (no replies)

As a forum we have only added a DMA section to the forum in the last 18 months and have already found a small catchment of interest but I feel personally that we can provide more information and awareness with support from organisations such as yourselves. I am not aware of all the facilities that are required for all different sorts of skills and disabilities as yet - but each time I click onto a site like this it helps. I guess I just wanted to say "thank you". With the information made available to me on this website it means I can open up yet another avenue for some one on our website. :)