Wujiquan

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by marian85, May 24, 2011.

1. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

You probably are not 400 years old too, so you also can not tell for sure. Wjq is one of the five taoist arts that were thought only to very few people, if you read chinese have a look at this article, it is about what is internal martial art, it also speaks about the five taoist arts, among which on the first place is wuji:

http://wenku.baidu.com/view/9b75c71da300a6c30c229f1a.html

Why do you think if tjq came from wjq, tjq would have things that are not in wjq? Don't you think is possible some of the things from wjq were not past down to tjq. For example something like with the Taiji 24, it was based on Yang shi Taijiquan, but simplyfied.

2. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

Hi I don't mind. I am here on a scholarship finishing my master degree in teaching chinese as foreign language, before it was bachelor degree in chinese language. I started to study chinese in order to better understand cma. It was always my dream to come to China and study cma, the way for me was to study chinese language and apply for scholarship to China.

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Interesting! Thanks Marian! :)

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Perhaps following from his teacher.

All followers of arts usually say something or some art came from theirs, theris is best, ________(Insert here)

5. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

I never said wjq is the best or better than other styles. Every style has its strong sides. It is not about what is better, it is more about everyones preferations I think.

6. 47MartialMan

I didnt say that you had.

I am saying too many people "follow" their masters without question

7. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

What needs to be questioned is not the theory, but the practice. That is what I like about my master, he encourages us to go outside and try what we have learnt whit practitioners of other styles, find out what is working and also what needs to be improved. So nothing like you are not ready yet you only do it for 10 years:)

8. 47MartialMan

I can understand and appreciate this.

However, you can also question the historic validity and authenticity.

That said, I have to agree that if you have some solid, pressure tested methods, then the question of effectiveness is "somewhat" answered (to a degree0

9. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

"Solid pressure tested methods" are necessity, including push hands and free sparing, also free sparing with protection gear.

10. 47MartialMan

I didn't say there "weren't"

I was stating that historic validity and authenticity should be questioned

11. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

I know, I ment that in wjq we have this methods.

About historic validity and authenticity, there are many things not recorded in historic documents, especialy in taoist martial arts, some things were kept only among few poeple. We have lots of writen materials in wjq, but as I said before these are only copies of the original texts. To ilustrate the secrecy take for example wjq texts about neigong, they are written in special taoist characters, which can be read only with your masters commentary, otherwise you won't understand a word.

12. 47MartialMan

The validity and authenticity cannot be proven by copied methods nor oral transmittal.

To state something was in "secrecy" tends to degrade any claim or proposed effort

13. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

I agree that is why I said there is no "hard evidence". Never the less for me it is enough.

14. 47MartialMan

It can be difficult to find the right teacher;

Although, the "right" depends upon the individual's needs

15. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

Agreed.

16. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

No it is not up to anyone to decide. You stated a belief in the fact that taiji originated from wuji. When asked for evidence to support your claim you waffled and now you say it is up to anyone to decide whether taiji came from wuji.

Hate to bust your bubble, but it isn't up to anyone to decide. It either happened or it didn't, and it sounds like you are just making up unsubstantiated claims to make wuji sound all lah dee dah.

Why are you making stuff up and posting it on the internet? Do you derive some morbid self satisfaction from misleading your peers?

17. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Belief in a statement without evidence is silly. Any 5th grader will tell you the same.

18. 47MartialMan

Hence my post #32;

The validity and authenticity cannot be proven by copied methods nor oral transmittal.

To state something was in "secrecy" tends to degrade any claim or proposed effort

19. marian85

marian85 Valued Member

I didn't say there is no evidence, only that there is no "hard evidence". Even if the evidence is copies of original texts, the experience of poeple who studied taiji many years, it is enough for me.
    It is up to anyone if this is enough as evidence for them, that is what I ment earlier.

20. taoistscholar

taoistscholar Valued Member

wu chi is the opening and closing stage of tai chi. It is where tai chi is born from and where tai chi returns to. the final stage of all internal arts is wu chi, the void, or nothingness.