wth (xbox 360 problem)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by karate P.belt 2, Dec 26, 2005.

1. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

I got the full $400 version and everything I even pugged it into live for a sec. and got an update then I put in munch's oddysee and it said "this original xbox game cannot be played" or something of the like anyone else have this problem with anything?

2. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

it has ALOT of problems. among them, most xbox games are not even back compatible.

4. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

To find a list of games compatable with the 360 see here
    More are being added and I read in offical 360 mag that all xbox games, both those already released and those yet to be released will be compatable, eventually.

5. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

i read somewhere they will become compatable with the updates. ill try and find a link.

6. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Thanks for the link.

I wonder if the emulated games will be in High Definition as well.

7. EmptyHandGuy

They do get a graphics improvement but I don't know by how much as I don't have any xbox games anymore.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

All of the above is the reason why I'm sticking with my old Xbox for the moment.

The early models are over heating constantly and there are various other bugs happening as well. So those who are waiting for batch 3 or something will have better working versions.

9. EmptyHandGuy

I've not had any overheating problems with my 360. We went down to stay with relatives on Christmas eve and returned on tuesday to discover that my daughter had turned on the 360 before we left. So it had been on for 4 days without any problems :D

10. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

yea you'll need to get xbox live so you can download a certain something "don't know what it is cuz I don't have a 360" and it should allow you to play your original xbox games...dunno, I just heard that on some website =\

11. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

First off, ignore the Sony fanboys. :) I've never had a technical issue with my 360 and I've had it for 3 months now. It was only 4% of machines that were effected by errors I understand, and they will all be replaced with working consoles if they haven't already.

Right, now that's out the way.. :)

The 'BC' is a problem/pain, basically the idea was/is a patch of sorts will be available to download that contains code for several original X Box games that enables them to be played on a 360. Apparently, after multiple patches and a year or so, all games ever released on the original will be backwards compatable.

M$ in short have buggered this up somewhat. :) Since launch in December, there has only been 2 updates - 1 within weeks of the launch that contained the original 200 games originally listed as being BC, and one more in late December that simply aded the Tom Clancy games (Splinter Cell 1-3, Ghost Recon 1 & 2, Rainbow 6 (though not the R6 expansion packs I've noticed) and friends).

Since then we've had nothing. Not a peep from M$, not even a hint as to when the next update is to be released or what games there are on it. I've sent 2 e-mails to their BC addy last month and haven't got a reply back on either. It's madness! :) I'm lucky I still have my original X Box, without which my darling Championship Manager would now be useless.

BC aside, the X Box Live expereince is greatly enhanced from the original 'Box - with a few music video downloads (ahhh, Franz Ferdinand..bless 'em :D), the highly sucessful X Box Live Arcade retro games and many other 360 game demos and trailers (videos for Dead Rising, Ghost Recon: A.W. and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion have all been added here in the past few days).

Ghost Recon, with its 16 player co op mode, is said to be the first XBL killer app for the 360 and is one I'm as good as owning in next week. :)

So it's not all bad news for Microshaft, I can recommend the 360 and XBL highly to anyone. Just a shame 'bout that BC. :)

12. Topher

Topher allo!

Why are they releasing games for an old console?

13. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

yea it has alot of problems like TG said (o god i'm actually agreeing with someone X_X) and I've known about the problem even before it was released.

14. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

Alot of problems? I actually own a 360 and I've had *no* problems whatsoever! :)

The backwards compatability is an issue however, though I wouldn't call Microsoft's laziness at converting all the old games to stunning 360-ness a problem. :) I can live with it better 'cos I still have my old X Box. :D

The only technical issue I've ever heard of with a 360 is 2% of released consoles in December had power units that overheated. Most have since got replacements, all the new batches seem to work, so crisis avoided. :)