WTF VP passes away

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Artikon, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

WTF Vice President Cha Sok Park Passes Away

Dr. Cha Sok Park, vice president of the World Taekwondo Federation and president of the Pan American Taekwondo Union, died of a heat attack at his home in Springfield, Virginia, the United States on March 14, 2007.

The late Park, 64, returned home on March 12 from his trip to Korea for the WTF Electronic Protector International Taekwondo Championships on March 4-5 in Chuncheon, Korea.

“Dr. Park’s immense contribution to the global development of taekwondo, especially in the Pan American continent, has been a crucial factor for the growth in popularity of our sport,” said WTF President Chungwon Choue in his condolence letter to all WTF member nations. “His passing is deeply felt within the WTF Secretariat as his jovial approach to life every time he visits the WTF headquarters is greatly welcomed by the staff.”

“We, the taekwondo family around the world, will forever be indebted to this great man and friend. I sincerely ask you, my fellow colleagues, to let bygones be bygones. Let’s unite and pay our fondest respect to Dr. Cha Sok Park and his family,” Dr. Choue said.

Dr. Choue also sent a condolence letter to Dr. Park’s wife, while asking WTF Secretary General Jin Suk Yang to pay his respect on behalf of the WTF Secretariat at the hospital where Dr. Park’s body rests.

In memory of the late Park, the WTF set up an altar at the WTF headquarters in Seoul in the afternoon of March 15 (Korean time) for those who wish to pay their final respects to him. The altar will open until 9 p.m. from March 15 through March 17.

Dr. Park, a 9th Dan Kukkiwon black-belt holder, emigrated to the United States in 1971. He is survived by an American wife, one daughter and two sons.

Source

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

yeah, i have already read it on the WTF website.