WTF trying to sexy up TKD

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by TheMadhoose, Aug 22, 2013.

1. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Well the Chakram is pretty sweet. $28,000 is a bit rich for my blood...even for charity. My wife would use the Chakram on me the moment I came home with it. "Guess what, honey! I got this for a steal. Only $28K...what you want to hold it a sec? Sure..." *death*

;)

2. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Nothing wrong with it at all!
    Lets face it ladies starting Tkd art exactly drawn to the heavy cotton pyjamas .. But oh no .. It won't make that oh so satisfying snap of the trouser leg when you kick! Makes it sound so powerful ! Just like the double snap kick target lol

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I would watch paint drying competitions if that was the costume!

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

That uniform works for me, well maybe not for ALL female students....

5. angry

angry Valued Member

What difference does it make as most of the time they'll be in front of the public they'll be covered in bulking padding hiding the "new slim line" dobok....

I'm guessing it is a way to market more uniforms...

6. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

They've also got to think about hoping that new students might want to participate after seeing them compete, where the doboks are on full view.

7. aaron_mag

I'd actually get behind a gi top and shorts uniform. I hate it when the pant legs stick on your knee.

8. whitefeathers

whitefeathers Valued Member

Oh god. No. I would never wear that.
    "the other model consists of a dress? " WTF?
    And whats up with "ease and release body movements"? 'Ive never had a problem with moving around in my dobok = (which is the exact same one the guys in our class wear.) I like to hear the 'snap' of the fabric when techniques are done.
    I actually never knew they had "female doboks" until I was in a martial arts store in Korea and saw some on a stand right next to "male doboks"
    what happened to just doing Taekwondo?

9. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I was going to say, nice pajamas. Does it comes with a bedgown and pair of slippers?

Also
    [​IMG]

10. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I love that facepalm gif, you should post it on the suggestions forum:Aegis:

11. whistlekick

whistlekick New Member

If the motivation here is to use sex to sell martial arts, it's disappointing. And that's how it seems.

12. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I don't get this. I know the pic posted before wasn't sexualised, but as someone who's not model thin I wouldn't wear it. If anything was to be done I would only suggest slightly adjusting the cut of the current dobok for female practitioners. I have a mooto itf dobok, and while the cut isn't specifically designed for women it seems to be a more comfortable fit and not so box like.

13. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

But it should be a sleeveless gi, like Ken and Ryu from, well, your avatar :D

14. aaron_mag

Ha ha. The return of the game Street Fighter sparked a feeling of youth in me back in 2008 (when it came back). While it did inspire me to get back in shape I don't have arms like Ryu and Ken to show off....maybe some day. ;)

Off topic: I tell you if it isn't one thing it is another. Finally have healed up from my sciatic injury and can train again and now I've got tennis elbow. It isn't debilitating or anything, but discourages pull-ups and push ups. So frustrating! I'd just like to have a body that works properly all at once again!!! :D

15. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Pics or... wait a sec.

16. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The lovely young ladies wearing them!

17. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

You and me both, I tell ya. After a year of denying the inevitable, I'm now admitting that I'll probably never return to fencing thanks to this darned knee. Now I gotta find a new profile pic...

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Really sorry to hear hat Mitlov :(

Mitch

19. righty

righty Valued Member

This is too hilarious for me to take seriously.

For those with family and friends not involved in TKD or martial arts, can you honestly say there is any truth to this comment? Emphasis mine.

"Sometimes, for amateur spectators, it is difficult to differentiate if it is a female or male combat. With these new models, the categories will be easier to differentiate. It is also important the competition in other martial arts like Judo and Karate."

Because this sort of design will really work with Judo (that was sarcasm right there).

Not to mention it's lycra. And it's white. Designed for use in a sport where people sweat and all that. I'm sure you all realise what happens to white clothing when it gets wet.

And I want to see a pic of this other idea involving a skirt so I can laugh some more.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  20. righty

righty Valued Member

Wow I missed this bit in my first read though.

" In Europe, it seems that during the Under-21 European Championships, they will make a test of the new uniform."

So let's make a skin tight white uniform for females only. Oh yeah, and let's try it out on the kids first.