WTF Hand Strikes

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by garry owen, Sep 29, 2003.

1. garry owen

garry owen Valued Member

Hello, I am wondering if anyone could give some info on all of the hand strikes/punches included in the WTF style.I have only just started classes, but I understand this style focuses strongly on kicking techniques, so I am curious of the use of the hands.Thanks.

2. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

I saw this and thought wtf meant something else...

3. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Well the would be the same as ITF so what is it that you want to know.

Just a note it could take A LONG time to tell you about all the the hand techniques in TKD but most if not all are found in other MA as well.

4. garry owen

garry owen Valued Member

Just a general overview of the punches and hand strikes it has avaiable.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2003
  5. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

Basically anything an everything is what I teach.

At a beginner level as yourself, I'll work on basics. Low blocks, middle blocks, high blocks, proper punching. Then I'll start adding knife hand techniques to those, some more advanced blocks and releases, and I'll add in some boxing as well.

All depends on your instructor though and what their background may be.

Hope that helps, don't let the kicking limit your hands, one leads to the other even in WTF :D

6. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

This illustrates the difference between what you see in WTF COMPETITION and in the DOJANG.

For competition fighting, you will learn reverse punches and thrust punches to the mid section... you will also learn double punches and triple punches. We do these because they are legal in competition.

Also in class, you will learn lots of strikes not allowed in competition, but they are strikes that will re-surface in forms, self defence, and 1/2/3 step sparring. Some include: inside knife hand strike, outside knifehand strike, spear hand thrust, back fist, elbow strikes (vertical and horizontal), ridgehand, inverted ridgehand, and several more.

I hope you enjoy them in class!