wrist injury

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by wickedtwista, May 6, 2009.

1. wickedtwista

wickedtwista New Member

well ive been practicing on a wooden dummy and i accidentaly hit my wrist joint and it got swollen. the doctor checked my wrist and he said he felt a crack when it rotates. he recommends i wear a brace and stay away from martial arts for 6-8weeks. im using tien ta wan on my wrist. is this useful? is there anything better that i can use also? and i was wondering when is it safe to start back weight lifting. thanks.

2. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

do very very slow huen sao's (your circling hands from wing chun)

ask your sifu for some stretches iwthin reason.

if its not broke and its cracking sounds like joint pain. do you have dit da jow or any other anti inflamation ointments?

i have been using topricin, doesn't seem to help much but packed with herbs lol.

to be honest i'm out of ideas for my carpal/tendon issues in my hands/wrists. so if that makes you hopeful lol

ps: try using a less wrist intensive mouse or regret it later:)

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'd stay well away from weights while you have the wrist problem. I'd have said at least as long as your doc says you need to be off MA, maybe even longer. If you really want to lift you might be able to work legs - squats, sprints, etc. Also maybe some core work - crunches, supermans, planks (weight all on elbows, not wrists, obviously).

As for supps, the most likely ones that *might* help are fish oil, glucosamine and cissus quadrangularis.

4. aware

aware New Member

ancient arts for injury's

Hi! your wrist is probly healed by now, though theres a good chance it might still bother you. That's why I'am writing this late reply is because I know most injuries have some after affects caused by calcium build up where bone heals. This build up usually has sharp edges on it and tends to rub against ajoining muscles, tendons, nerves, etc, causing pain. If this is so let me know and I'll tell you how to remove the sharp edges easily. The wrist is one of the most complicated area's of the body to treat and one of the hardest area's to heal. Though I hope it isen't bothering you anymore, but if it is give me a buzz. Good Luck!