Wow

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Ninja_Clan, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Wow.

Must be slow. I'm considered a shidoshi-ho, and I'm only a shodan.

???????

And true, shidoshi is a term unique to the Bujinkan. It was coined by Soke. If you were to use the word to a Japanese person not familiar with or associated with the Bujinkan, they would not know what you were talking about.

Did you know that no shidoshi or shidoshiho existed prior to the Bujinkan?
    Sure sign that something is fishy.

2. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

Along with the fact that he is ignoring my request for a contact number or some sort of proof that there are people practicing in Japan.

3. Grimjack

Also, they make a lot of noise about being accpeted as members of this site. Reading their web site you would think it was a sign that they were judged by experienced people and found worthy. But go to the site itself and see just how easy it is to join without any sort of proof for your claims. Try registering yourself with made up claims if you don't believe me. And notice that there are several outright frauds that are listed as members. Yo Sato is one, but not the only one. Go ahead, check the link for yourself.

4. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

ok

ok guys i started this thread to ask some questions and get some awnsers :)
    lets not get carried away here you can ask Greg Chapman what happened when me and him had us a go around about the likelyhood of ninjas still being alive..
    totatly different story that we are not going to re-open on th fact of argument but lets try to at lest get along and give the guys the imformation
    that they wish and not a long drawn out argument :bang:
    Ninja_Clan

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Yes but arguments are good tools if it can establish atruth at the end dont you think??

6. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

What was the question again? :confused:

7. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

berador,
    Contact Don Roley on MartialTalk about your school in Japan. He has been searching and has been unable to find one.

He wrote this excellent article:
    http://www.jigokudojo.com/koga.htm

8. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

:D true arguments are an asset to learning more but lets kepp them at least under control this time....... :D

anyways it really is an intresting subject...........but i don't understand all that goes on in the traing part can someone anwser that? and i mean all of the traing not parts.because i don't understand those parts ether. :D

9. Grimjack

I was bored and decided to look at Berador's site again. This is what I found.

I don't understand. Here he is claiming to have tested in Japan and yet there seems to be a problem with providing proof?

I think that if we knew of a school that could actually be found in Japan, we would be happy. AFAIK, no other school on the interet can seem to be found in Japan.

So why not just provide some sort of proof that the Kawachi Yon Tengu ryu actually exists in Japan? Secrecy? :rolleyes: A simple address, phone number or something would do nicely. The quote, "no matter what you tell and what evidence you show" would seem to say that there has been evidence provided. Have I missed something? Because I don't remember anybody identifying themselves as a Koga ryu practicioner providing any sort of proof at all.

10. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

OK, not certain what to make of it really. Had a look at the belt system but couldn't make any sense of it.

11. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  12. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I'm sorry. But I have a hard time believing anyone that can't use proper grammar or spell simple words. If you don't have the time or inclination to spell check and grammar check your web site (hoping to be seen by hundreds or thousands of people) how can you expect me to take you seriously? How do the 2 relate? For me it's easy, laziness and lack of pride in one area usually equate to general laziness and lack of pride in others.

13. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

14. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

15. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Geez, going to that Indian ninjitsu web site was like watching Family Guy --enough to put me in a straight jacket while having a gut full of laughs. The pictures of the super-splittin' ninja, the bowing kids in black, and the swords slung along their backs was hilarious. But my favorite comment of all, in the "Ninja Clothing" section, is this:

"The ninja uniform, as we know it, it [sic] basically an interpretive creation from the mind of Dr. Hatsumi. Takama1su [sic] sensei his teacher, wore hakama." Credited to "another reader writes." And there you go: Hatsumi is personally responsible for causing all those Ashida Kim wannabe outfits. Too bad he's never published anything about Japanese kabuki , or other works outlining how the "ninja uniform" was historically developed. If only he would do so, it would certainly clear things up :D !

Now, here's a strange thought:

There are, apparently, not just one, but several Koga ninjitsu organizations, councils, etc. Now, seriously--since everyone who purports to teach "Koga ryu ninjitsu" is a total, 100% fraud, what are they all actually thinking when they get together? I mean, come on: if I know I'm a fraud, and I know my entire story is a complete fabrication, don't I also know that everyone else around me is also a fraud?

I mean, isn't a meeting or council of "Koga ryu ninja" kind of like an organization of Vietnam veterans from a nonexistent outfit, say, a meeting of the super-secret "Plaid Berets"? Everyone shows up wearing the "coveted, ultra-secret plaid beret", knowing their beret, as well as their credentials, is totally fake, and so is everyone else's.

Or, does every person who shows up to their meetings sit there with a poker face, eyes darting around nervously, asking himself, "I wonder if all these real Koga ninjas will find out I'm a fraud. Stay calm, Rusty, stay calm--remember your back flips! Remember your back flips!"

Just an interesting thought/question/point.

--Snake

16. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

If you read that clothing section again, the first section states...

It was typically only one of 3 colours. but usually the Ninja wore black because most of their work took place at night.

However the next Paragraph begins....

The ninja historically did not wear black

err? :bang:

17. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

When i had a look through the photo gallery, i had to check if i had not slipped onto the american ninja website, i am sure i saw Michael Duddikoff in there some where, way to go Koga Ryu!!! :bang:

18. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

19. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Hope this isn’t off topic, don’t think it is, but don’t those hoods screw up your peripheral vision???

20. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

And can you wear them when your out shopping in bluewater or have they been banned as well? :D