Wow

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Ninja_Clan, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

Man the last time i was on here was in the very end of 2004!!!!!! :D anyways what are the different styes of koga? are there any but one?
    thanks

2. berador

berador New Member

As far as i remember...

there was 53 different families (or ryu, if you like), with each their different style. I can't remember them all, but the ones i remember are; Koga ryu, Taro ryu, Otomo ryu, Shinpi ryu, Kuruya ryu, Hiryu ryu, Taira ryu, Tomo ryu, Fujiwara ryu, Isshu ryu, Tatara ryu, Sasaki ryu, Byaku ryu, Sugawara ryu, Tachibana Hachi Tengu ryu, KawachiYon Tengu ryu(the style i've trained), Hai Lung Ryu.

These are the 17 i remember the names of, but as i said there's aprox. 53.
    (please correct me if i should be wrong).

3. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

i'm not too familiar with all the names you've got there, but that last one 'Hai Lung Ryu' sounds suspiciously like something Ashida Kim thought up.

4. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Riiiiiiight?
    FYI, there is no "l" sound in Nihongo and the ung cannot be a word ending. Of course, CHAK did write some books under the Haha Lung name...

5. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Riiiiiiight?
    FYI, there is no "l" sound in Nihongo and the "ung" cannot be a word ending (it would be "ungu", "ungo", "ungi", "unge", etc.). Of course, CHAK did write some books under the Haha Lung name...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  6. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

If you're talking about authentic historic styles developed in Japan, the last Koga system appears to have been held by Fujita Seiko. Unfortunately, he trained no successors in ninjutsu (though he did pass other fighting styles to students), and Koga ryu died with him.

7. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Sorry about the double post.

8. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

wow 53? wow thanks guys...my friends are always talking about this kinda stuff and i feel real stupid trying to awnser some of the questions because i don't know anything about this koga stuff any ways if there is any more imformation then please let me know
    thanks
    ninja_clan
    p.s. don't worry about double post i do it all the time!!!

9. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

uh... 1 person said 53. I say thats wrong. I think Koga is koga. Koga ryu. Thats it. Hai Lung? :-\ thats not even japanese. I bet the 53 came out of an Ashida Kim book.

10. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I think what they meant was 53 schools in the area, koga was a vast area in japan and different clans would have operated and i think were all put under the koga ryu umberella, there were probably more than 53 over the time.

11. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Can you expand on that or post a link to hte website, never heard of it myself!!

12. berador

berador New Member

No problem (except that the whole site is only just being converted to english), just go to http://www.ryoku.dk .

As to the lack of knowledge of the amount of Ryu coming from Koga. Well, they came together under the name of Koga-Ryu (since KR was one of the strongest) and therefore the names of the other Ryu/families didn't get known that much, pick up some books on Koga history (Koga Ninpo history, that is) for instance : "Ninjitsu No Gokui" (The secrets of Ninjutsu), written by Gingetsu, who learned the techniques and history over a long period of time from Tanemura Ihachiro, a jonin in Koga Ryu.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  13. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

ah, k, yeah i guess i could agree with that.

14. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

No worries, i used to think the same as well, i read a book once about the koga and how it was all split up but came under one heading, same as iga ninja, thats why if these guys are saying they learn koga then they should be able to say which school it is from and prove it but none of them seem to be able to!

15. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

Wow!!!!

That site was funny!!!!

Of course, as far as everyone in Japan is concerned there never seemed to have been a KawachiYonTengu ryu.

You've been wasting your time with a bunch of frauds it seems.

16. berador

berador New Member

:confused: Weird :confused: since i graduated for 2'nd and 3'rd Dan in Japan!?! And my Shihan is Japanese!?! But then again, he (and all of the other 'japs' may just all have been frauds, as you indicate :rolleyes: !!

17. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

Oh really???

So, where can I go to see this class in Japan? Address and contact number. I know several people living in Japan that have said they would love to see another ninjutsu art in Japan other than the Takamatsu-den, but can't find any.

18. specourt

specourt Hero in a half-wit shell

"As of April 5'th, the USA Koga-Ryu International Council has accepted us as part of their great family."
    This is a quote from http://www.ryoku.dk (berador)

Could you please tell us who this council comprises of?

19. berador

berador New Member

Sure

The council is :

10TH DAN SHIDOSHI-HO TENSHI-SENSO

10TH DAN ADRIAN PIZZATO

8 TH DAN DANIELWILSON

6TH DAN S.KRISHNA RAO

5TH DAN SID-ALI MEZOUI

5TH DAN DARREN WURM

5TH DAN MAURIZIO COLONNA

4TH DAN ANGEL LEE GUERRA

4TH DAN ROBERTO ALVAREZ

4TH DAN ERCAN SARBAT

3RD DAN AMY S. GUERRA

3RD DAN LEO CLAUSEN (yours truly).

20. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Again I thought this was a title particular to the Bujinkan???????