Would you stop a thief stealing your bike with an angle grinder?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by EdiSco, May 23, 2020.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

The high school I went to is this year ranked as the lowest in the entire country out of 348.....

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

It's ok, 1980 Thatcher hate runs deep only in certain ages, although I think there used to be a test on it if you wanted to be a true born scotch!

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I wouldn't recommend it. Its basically a mini chainsaw.
    I'll probably chuck stuff first. Scummy like that lot are only trying to keep you at bay. Also a bit unpredictable in their actions. Good chance they just do a lateral swing with it.
    But not worth risking literally losing an arm for it.

Altho, wont be suprised if a Gracie Breakdown would include a scissor sweep takedown and a RNC

Mitch, David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Maybe but you are a bjj brown belt who is about to become a pro fighter in Thailand, so I'm not feeling too sorry for you

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Pretty In Pink

In all honesty when I was there we had an excellent head teacher who really turned things around and improved the school immensely he also had an incredible habit of catching me doing something I shouldn't be doing on the few times that I actually did misbehave. I can still hear his voice hahahaha

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Crocoldile Dundee style.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeh, it'll a shoe, rock, baby... anything at hand. As long as I'm safe though.

David Harrison likes this.
  8. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

If a person was in danger, I would step in.

For a lump of metal and rubber? Why would I risk my life for that? Two guys, one angle grinder, probably screwdrivers and knives on them too. Having a father and partner in one piece for my family is more important than a posh bicycle that should be insured.

In a perfect world the police would follow up on video footage and tracking devices to locate stolen property. But we don't live in a perfect world, so you have to pick your battles.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I mean obviously I'd crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and I'd hear the lamentations of their women. By Crom.

10. David Harrison

I just googled angle grinder injuries.

I urge anyone thinking they might take on someone with an angle grinder to do the same.

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Dead_pool

Well that was a horrendous few seconds.....

Good job I'm Deadpool and this able to regrow skin and tissue, otherwise that would of made me feel very queasy!

12. IronMaiden1991

IronMaiden1991 Active Member

I can earn the money to buy a new buy using my hands, I can't regrown my hands using a bike

David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  13. Pretty In Pink

Having just purchased my first ever new bike, I'd be honest. I'd probably get over emotional and fight about it.

14. Dead_pool

729aeaf396349c7b8c9b25364a39684e.gif

I'd say Bruce has his advice the wrong way round here.

Saying that I've also had a few bikes stolen from me, so I'm quite jaded about their importance to me.

15. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

At a slight tangent , just over 12 months ago I woke up to find some toe rag had broken into my house to steal my wife car keys and take my car. I had loads of people say to me “I bet you wish you’d woken up and caught them” , this lead to some fairly serious navel gazing ending with me glad I didn’t.
    The way I look at it , we found out through video there were two of them , I reckon one came in while the other stood guard , I feel the most likely outcome would have been if I’d managed to confront/engage the one in my house the other one would have probably ran in and stabbed me , all I know is if I had woken up I’d have felt obliged to go down.

Dead_pool, David Harrison and axelb like this.
  16. David Harrison

This is what the self defence industry needs: instead of idiots going on about being a victim of crime so that they can act out their batman fantasies, we need more people saying they're glad they slept through it!

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  17. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

Hmmm....if I happened to be carrying an angle grinder and caught someone trying to steal my bike, sure I might have a go at him..

I’m not sure why I would be carrying an angle grinder though. Am I a bicycle thief?