would martial arts help you in prison?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tooksomechin_na, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

The point made was yes martial arts can help you in prison.

2. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

And that they were lesbians and to just inmates was an important - why again?

3. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Its important because they are the ones you have to worry about. They check out every new girl looking for fresh meat. They were my enemies. That's the last I have to say on the subject.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Perhaps as well considering the hole being dug.....

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So your saying male jail is safer because there's no lesbians there?

6. Dr.Alireza

Dr.Alireza Valued Member

I think Anjelica is just saying who she got in a fight with I don't think she hate all GLBT as she did post that she is a Amanda fan and that she would gladly shake her hand so guys common be nice to the lady. She could have used better wording to describe what she was trying to say.

7. Dead_pool

You'll have to ask Anjelica what she meant by this, I read it as whilst she didn't have a problem at all (with lesbians as a group) before, she now doesn't like them (as a group) at all now.

Mangosteen, Knee Rider and aaradia like this.
  8. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

I could understand if someone had an (irrational) phobia of certain groups after being involved in violent or traumatic events with them.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It would have to be consistently and in everyday interractions rather than unique circs for me to give much slack tbh

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Well, we are all coming to conclusions, including me, so let's just ask.

Angelica, do you want to clarify that statement? Because to some of us it reads like you judge all lesbians based on your prison experience, while others seem to think that isn't what you meant and you just phrased it poorly.

Maybe after this clarification, we can move on and back to the topic.

Knee Rider, Dead_pool and Anwolf like this.
  11. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

The ones I did time with I don't like at all. if I met Amanda Nunes or Raquel Pennington id shake their hand out of respect. Clear enough?

12. Dead_pool

How about other lesbians who aren't in jail, but also aren't famous fighters,

aaradia, Knee Rider and Latikos like this.
  13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Anjelica, I don't want to see this argument to around in circles, or indeed for a new member to get hounded, but are your thoughts surrounding Amanda Nunes or Raquel Pennington because they are respected fighters?

What about other gay people, do they not deserve the same respect?

Edit. Beaten to it by Dead_Pool.

aaradia, Dead_pool and Knee Rider like this.
  14. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Since you're a boss here I guess I have to answer. Yes I respect Amanda and Raquel for their octagon accomplishments. Don't you? Im not going to disrespect anyone, I don't provoke people, im not that kind of person. I don't hate anyone. I don't fear anyone either. Phobia means fear. I didn't fear them on the inside and I don't fear anyone on the outside. Would I want to go hang out at a lesbian bar? No that's not my scene.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Fear seems like a rather strong term.

16. Dead_pool

Would you not be friends with someone because of the sexuality?

You teach martial arts if I remember correctly, would you treat a student differently because of there sexuality?

17. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

No, I wouldn't be a good instructor if I did that. Would it be difficult for me to form a friendship with a lesbian? Maybe. I don't know.

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  18. Dead_pool

At least your professional and honest.... As a wise man said....... Knowing is half the battle.......

If you have the opportunity, you'll realise they're just like everyone else.

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Not, really, no.

So, for you there is only "hate/ don't like them" and "fear them"?[/QUOTE]

How can you be so sure, with all that prejudice you seem to have?
    Serious question, not trying to be mean.

Dead_pool likes this.
  20. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Good. You can not agree with someone/like them/whatever and still teachthemin a professional manner. That's all that matters. As to your experience in prison, I would remind you that it probably had more with the fact they were criminals than they were lesbians.