Worst injury

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Stryla, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Stryla

Stryla New Member

What is the worst injury you have sustained during training? Although they didnt happen to me, the worst we have had is a broken wrist and a broken rib. The only reason the person got a broken rib was because he had a tempory 'mind blank' and instead of moving off the punch he went right into it, ouch.

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Broken big toe one day and the very next day a torn groin muscle.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Torn calf muscle and loss of hearing in the right ear.

4. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Worst for me was ruptured bicep, from a leg trap on a very big guy -- I should have used a different type of grab, or let go sooner (or dropped him to the ground faster). Live and learn!

5. Beehe

Beehe New Member

broken handf it hurts to get hit in the hand with a kendo stick only try traditional swordplay if you know how oww...... my hand still hurts

6. Mordred

Mordred New Member

A split lip and shattered front tooth :eek: when a defense against a kusarifundo when wrong.

I had a lot of respect for a kusarifundo after that happened! Its one of the greatest weapons to use to trap other weapons and limbs.

Other than that nothing serious.

7. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Outside of training I've chipped a tooth and had a boxer's fracture from fighting. In training the worst was a torn trapezius, but that was wrestling and not really MA related. Getting kicked repeatedly in the nuts and chopped in the bicep by Shunshifu and Shifus isn't too pleasant I will admit. But those are when we are practicing techs and I don't think it counts.

8. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Nearly lost my right eye

From Katana wound - div in training was using a live blade - to be fair it was lucky for me, almost invisable scar from the 4 stitches I had.

Lucky me!

9. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

I broke both my big toes during my black belt test, and had to finish with my poomse. Thank god for adrenaline-- as soon as the test was over, I realized that I could barely walk.

Darn toes still hurt me, almost a year later, but dit da jow has helped immensely.