worst injury

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by big e, Nov 19, 2002.

1. big e

big e New Member

hello MAPers
    whats would be the worst injury
    you've had through training in MAs ?
    an how long was u out of action?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Just off to work right now so I'll post mine later.

Saw a good one recently though - some beast of a guy ran his training partner's head into the corner of a wall and split his scalp open - Blood everywhere! Yikes! Some people are just downright monsters!

3. Cain

Cain New Member

Hmm....I would'nt call mina an injury, more of a soreness after Squat walking for about 150 yards and back. Trust me I could'nt even sit in the toilet the next 5 days. I had to practically hold the railing while coming down the stairs. Ah those were my early days but now I don't experience that kind of soreness.
    |Cain|

4. big e

big e New Member

i think some 1 will have to complain to the club owner about
    such sharp walls
    there just too dangerous

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Recurring knee injury, not been able to train 100% this year!

A lot of people can only see black or white, either I train hard or I'm lazy. So obviously I must be lazy this year! Knees have got to last a lifetime and with some training and techniqes it feels their not going to last anywhere close. So I've been more selective in my training. Lazy grrrrrh

6. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Same here pgm my right knee packed up earlier this year didnt train for six weeks. I blame kicking the air, I hate that.

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

My right knee too, I could feel something snap while running. Don't know if training had weakened it. Although I can feel a lot of Kung Fu stances putting strain on it now, especially low ones keeping your knee at an acute angle, or ones you twist your knees. Exercises we're you squat low aren't good, they often put a lot of strain on the knee instead of just the muscle you want to strengthen.

Just annoying when people assume your lazy when your trying to be careful!

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Longest off was a slight tear in my deltoid, 3 months sitting on the bench. Did my ankle in last year as well, thats never goning to be 100% again, stopped training for 2 weeks then altered my training to take strain off the ankle.

Worst was probably the slight compression to my neck when I landed tombstone style on my head from a stomach throw, for a second I thought my neck had broke!

Colin

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Ouch Freeform!

I took a tombstone piledriver ;) a while back, landing on my head doing Judo.. Forgot about that, could have been a ruptured vertebrae! Took about 2 years before I stopped getting neck ache!

10. big e

big e New Member

well i can gladly say that ive never done anythin like any of them before ( touching wood - believe me i am )
    and with a bit of luck and hope i never will
    muhahahaha

11. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hmmmmmmm....

Touching wood didn't seem to help that guys head :eek:

In fact I'd say it was the cause of the problem :D

12. big e

big e New Member

i think i found the problem
    i didnt touch wood - he did
    oops. . .

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Quite recently someone (mentioning no names) did something evil to my achilles tendon. Couldn't walk properly without pain for a couple of days. Other than that, just bruises.

14. big e

big e New Member

oh ive suffered bruises an ached for a day or 2 but nothin serious
    nothin thats stoped me from trainin

15. waya

waya Valued Member

I've never really had any "serious" injuries from training. Alot outside of it but the worst in training is getting a tooth knocked out.

16. big e

big e New Member

actually, i tell i lie. . .
    i blocked a kick with my eye once in kickboxing
    it got cut, it bled, an i could'nt see for about a day
    thats it though.

17. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

My worst fear is having a tooth knocked out. Nothing else really worries me, but thinking of loosing a tooth makes me cringe :( I must have a thing about teeth!

And yes Yoda, touching wood with your head isn't good ;) Haven't you had any injuries throughout your training?

18. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I once developed a technique called the 'Crotch block', which unfortunately failed under pressure :D

19. big e

big e New Member

lol
    so im guessin the technique didnt work then

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

You just need to condition yourself, don't be so soft! :D

I've practiced taking to shots to ...... erm must be every part of my body by now, not with great success ;)

Somebody once missed one of the instructors focus pad, and hit him hard in the crotch. He went down on one knee, moaned for a few seconds. Got up and squeaked carry on, tough guy! :woo: