World War II FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Self Defense Geek 89, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Hi, everyone. I just had a question and I was hoping for an answer on this. What FMA style was taught to the Filipino Guerrillas during World War II to not only fight off the Japanese, but was also integrated into this World War II hand to hand system called Combat Judo? I’ve tried finding it on the internet, but to no avail. As someone who is both interested in Filipino Martial Arts and an avid self-defense geek in general, I figured it would be an interesting style to train in if I could find a teacher for it. Not only that, but I figured that it would also help anybody else who might be interested in learning the art of the Filipino Guerrillas.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

3. Thank you very much for the help. And as a side note, there are actually 2 types of Combat Judo (with one of them being Dumog). The one I was talking about was a hand-to-hand system that was used by the US military units (the Marine Raiders, the Army Rangers and Army Alamo Scouts), who later collaborated with the Filipino Guerrillas to add blade fighting, stick fighting and the empty-handed strikes that are common in FMA.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

http://combatjudo.net/history/

Interesting....

Looks at combat judo is just the name H2H was given back in the day, it's also the name used by the main instructors at the time for what they taught.

I'd wager anyone training this, would be better off actually doing what the main coach did, and training judo and boxing first, and then looking at the H2H material.