World Poomse competition

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Artikon, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

Just to give everyone a heads up, the WTF has finally gone ahead with a competition for poomse. They are planning on having the first in 2006. I'll post more information as it becomes available to me. Get your forms up to snuff :cool:

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Hmmm the unification of ITF/WTF comes closer........ :)

3. flyingblackbelt

flyingblackbelt New Member

well, if they allow the chung gi patterns then im all for it, otherwise, oh well. I try very hard to keep my forms up to snuff on a regular basis though, so if they should include the chon gi set id be real happy like.

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

when is this unification due to happen, Tosh? tell me more about it.

5. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

I think Tosh means the possibility of a union becomes more possible.

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

what do u think abt it stoppy? pros and cons, if any...

7. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Personally, Im for some unification but the styles would ultimately have to change to some middle ground. Im a third dan in WTF poomse grading system, so how many ITF poomse would I need to learn. Or would we change the poomse altogether say ITF/WTF/ITF/WTF ect one from each up to black belt and then new ones from there. Seems like there would be a lot of learning involved, and some of us are getting a little long in the tooth.

But I would personally like to see a world TKD formum, that would oversee every TKD desicion just like the FIA or FIFA

but we dream.

8. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

What's interesting is which ITF will be involved in the unification . . . what is going to happen to the other ITFs? How will they fit into the mix with the WTF?

My personal opinion is all of this is going to pan out through the next year and should be interesting to see what happens.