World of Warcraft funeral ambush (funny)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jsmith, Apr 12, 2006.

1. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

I don't play this game but I thought this was pretty funny. Apparently some player died in real life, so his online friends decided to have a virtual funeral. They all gathered by a lake, and someone logged on as the dead guy, I guess so everone could say goodbye to the character?

Before this could happen another clan came and killed the dead guys character, and then killed the mourners, capturing it all on video.

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/22282/WoW_Funeral_Ambush_Video.html?autoplay=true

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Well, from the comments on that link I guess I'm going to be in the minority here, but I think it was pretty insensitive.

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i know i shouldnt laugh cos its kinda sad... but i did anway :D

4. geves

geves Valued Member

yeah this is a pretty crappy. but i chuckled :D

NOTE FOR THE FUTURE: don't have a funeral in a PvP enviorment, for a gold farmer (probably).

nice find Jsmith.

EDIT: ok so it seems it was for some chick who died from some other means, not one of the goons who plays the game for 16 hours. i actually read alot of those comments, and it seems that they decided to have the funeral in a "contested territory" (which means, they can be killed).

it's pretty damn mean. but i still think it's kind of funny. i mean, they probably never EVER saw it coming.

oh well IF it was real. R.I.P. to the girl who died. but in a weird view, at least she'll be remembered by many people.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  5. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

if only you could read the comments typed during the game lol...

a bit harsh but funny none the less

6. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

Yeah, it was a little disrespectful, but I can't help laughing at it. Maybe the lesson to be learned is if you're going to do something mean, do it to funny music. I'm assuming they cleaned up on experience/weapons/whatever currency they use in these games.

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

actually, you dont get much of anything for killing people in WoW except that warm fuzzy feeling

8. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

im sure that the person who died, as an online gamer, would see the funny side :p

i know i would.

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

10. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

Wow. . . *shakes head* That pretty mean.

I've got one good thing to say, though: I love the funeral crasher's theme song.

11. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

hilarious, that made my day :D

12. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

what? scatman?!? :eek:

13. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

OMG.... that's friggin' brilliant. showed it to a friend of mine and we both laughed like little girls. This should be up for a Golden Globe. It so wrong, but it's pure ownage. I can't stop laughing, I have tears in my eyes.

Undescribable in words.

14. Song1

Song1 New Member

That was great. I have got to show this to my friend, hes a wow nut. plays it every single day, even missed a midterm just so he could go raiding, thats dedication baby.

15. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

Yeah. I have no idea what the guy is saying, but the way he sings it is funny. And I've always been a techno fan.

What's it from?

16. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

I did like that video, almost as good as the Leeroy one.

Personally though I think it's the music that makes it so funny :D

17. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I don't understand how anyone can view it like this. People need to realise when life ends and games begin - they had a funeral in a game area and deserved to get pwned for being so lame. If you take games this seriously, you need a reality check no matter how much of a community atmosphere it creates. Send emails or postcards or some form of communication would have been cool, but having an in-GAME funeral in an open area is pathetic IMO.

Apparently the attackers heard about it from someone when they were elsewhere. They sent someone out thinking that it was going to be tiny, but when the scout reported back as there being 40odd people there already, they all laughed their asses off and decided to crash it and pwn them all. Good on them IMO, game well played.

Love the songs too, the contrast from Mozart to Misfits is great :D

18. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I can see where you're coming from with the whole "funeral in a computer game" thing. It is pretty lame. But, you know, someone's died, and their friends are gathering together for them. It's still insensitive, no matter how lame it is.

Perhaps the friends could have been a little smarter and held it in a non PvP area though. ;)

19. pmitch89

pmitch89 Thats Nucking Futs!!

I think it was pretty damn funny, wrong in the sense that it was there own way of honoring him, but still damn funny.

20. Cesar

Cesar Banned Banned

That was pretty funny. I laughed my behind off. This is like the greatest thing I've ever seen in an MMO.