world jump day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by wayofnosword, Jul 9, 2005.

1. wayofnosword

wayofnosword Valued Member

Hello all, how many of you have heard about recent plan to prevent global warming called world jump day. if not, worldjumpday.org has the information.

Anyway, this seems like a ridiculous idea. instead of trying to reduce pollution and such, some scientists are suggesting that a bunch of people jump inorder to alter the earth's orbit. i am not even going to begin to list the negative effects that changing the orbit could have.

I heard of another plan where we would send satelites into orbit around the earth to reflect some sunlight. An obvious flaw in this is that less sunlight may reduce heat, but it will also reduce plant activity and make the situation worse.

What do you guys think? will you be singing up for the jump, or perhaps endorsing the reflection plan? Remember, even if one of the plans did work, we still need clean air to breathe.

thanks for reading,
    -dan

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Hmmm, interesting idea though I think it might be a little daft....

3. Lefty

Lefty Yummy!

Bad Idea!!!

Don't participate in this! It could destroy cities along major tectonic fault lines! New York City is overdue for a major earthquake!
    We must act quickly to organize a group to counter this jump day. We must have people on the other side of the earth jump at the exact same moment!!
    :D