workout routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by neilro, Jan 24, 2014.

1. neilro

neilro New Member

Hey..
    I just want to ask a question from all of you how much time do you spend while working out..??
    i spend 45 min.. what about you..???

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

currently im involved in a weight room based sport so i spend 45-90 minutes working technique (which involves strength work) and then 30 to 45 minutes on pure strength work.

i used to just stick a timer on for 20 minutes and do as many squats or deadlfts as possible at a heavy weight, then stick a 20 minute timer on for overhead pressing.

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

if i'm in a hurry, about 30-45 min. if i have time to do whatever i want, i can take up to 3 hours, depending on what i end up doing :p

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I have an hour set aside every night. 9-10.
    Sometimes I take the whole hour. Sometimes I do 20 mins of Yoga and not much else. But that's the hour assigned during the day.
    When I was doing weights that was just enough time to get through "stronglifts" with some rest periods and loading the bar.

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

It depends what I'm doing. A conditioning/cardio session can be anything from 20 minutes to a couple of hours (if I go on a longish bike ride), but is generally around 30-40 minutes.

A proper weights session will last 1 to 1.5 hours, a short session will last about 40 minutes.

A mobility session will take me 15 minutes.

6. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

it all depends on how much time I have and what it is im looking to improve or do, most days I'm around thirty in to forty five min but somedays like today I might spend two and a half hours.
    The more intense my workout is the shorter it is and by default less intensity or rest breaks between sets means I can keep it up for longer periods of time.