Workout help

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Nunchez, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Nunchez

Nunchez New Member

I've started kyokushin recently and I go everyday except on Sundays for one and a half hours each day. I wanted to know should I go to the gym and workout too along with the MA training?

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Be careful that you do not overtain. Planning in rest days is as important as the trainng.

We have a triangle. Training, nutrition and rest and if one of those points is weak the rest will suffer.

We have many members here who combine martial arts and strength training/the gym and they will all tell you it is fine as long as you don't overdo it.

Balance is the key. :cool:

3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

depends on what your strengths and weaknesses are and where you are in your training

strength and conditioning is only useful as a suppliment to your main training, most beginners can get good strength and conditioning just from doing their sceduled classes its only if you have a specific weakness or are planning on competing etc you will need extra work

And S and C work is only useful if it helps your main training if it starts effecting your main training in a negative way (tires you out, makes you sore) theres no point to it