Workout for a 15 year old martial arts legend wannabee!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by taekwonguy, Aug 9, 2006.

1. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I've said it directly and indirectly, beginners need to work on thier form which is why low rep, moderate set workouts ar ideal for them. If you don't think 5x5 is ideal for a beginner, its your opinion. I still believe beginners should focus on the basic compound movements using free weights rather than single joint movements and machines.

2. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

are you joking? where did you get that one?

3. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

"Supertraining" and "facts and Fallacies of fitness" by Dr. Mel Siff Phd.
    "Functional training for sports" Michael Boyle
    "brawn" "beyond brawn" Stuart Mcrobert
    "The strongest shall survive" bill starr
    "The New rules of Lifting" Alwyn Cosgrove and Lou Schuler

I can go on and on and cite sources that compound free weight exercises are most relevant in training a beginner... You can even ask any knowledgeable CSCS and you will get the answer

I rest my case.

4. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

no, i mean where did you get the idea that by "higher rep training" i meant "isolated and machine lifts only"? because i don't recall writing anything even remotely along those lines.

5. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I just said that since we have been exchanging jabs for the past days, as long as a program is built around basic free weight compound movements, that would be fine. Though I personally still prefer lower reps and moderate sets

Your take may be due to where you get your training info and your training influence

6. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

funny, because it didn't seem that way based on the way you worded it. i won't bother with it though.

well i've stated my case more than once. you have yet to address my points, and it doesn't look like you're going to. as it is, we're just going around in circles. maybe it would be best to just let this die.

7. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I already stated my point, if you didn't get the answer you wanted, perhaps its due to 2 things:

you didn't ask the right question
    you didn't read it between the lines

Anyway,let's let the kid decide but lets hope he follows a good basic program

8. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

funny, because reading through your posts, all i saw was talk of off-season athletes. i still don't think you addressed my points there, but i'll admit that looking through your posts for relevant information is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

i agree though, let the OP decide. i doubt he's even reading this thread anymore.