Words fail me... (baby p)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by holyheadjch, Nov 12, 2008.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I consider myself largely unshockable, so thick is the blanket of cynicism that I am wrapped in, but every so often something manages to creep beneath my already staggeringly low expectations of the human race. This is one of those things...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/nov/11/baby-p-death

It surprises me that I haven't already seen a thread on this, if one already exists, I apologise.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yeah it's truly awful .The fact that it happened in the same council,Haringey, as the last tragic case that lead to a reform in social care seems to make it worse, even though they had 60 visits by social workers.

Surely he should have removed from the "care" of his Mother into a safer environment?

Edit: that really is some timeline.Do they just believe the mother and her obvious lies?

:( R.I.P Baby P

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

The fact that it happened in the same area as victoria climbie points to one thing- a more or less complete failure by the social services to protect children. They say they've changed the way they work, but that simply isn't good enough- better practices are no use if they continue to employ ****-poor staff. As for the 'mother', she should hang.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

The 3 of them should:woo:

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

It constantly amazes me how low that humans can go, especially when caring for the ones who can't care for themselves. I guess it really shouldn't, humans have been cruel for thousands of years I guess.

Anymore its the acts of kindness that are probably more shocking when they happen.

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Agreed, 100%

The catalogue of abuse and pain this poor baby suffered at the hands of the one person who should have protected him absolutely appals me, and angers me beyond belief.

To suffer your last 2 days with a broken back and 8 broken ribs is inexcusable! I'm sure they didn't let him lay in peace during those days either and he suffered more than just the injuries.

They really should be executed, no questions asked, and if the system doesn't then I sincerely hope someone else does.

I would gladly spend days in a locked room with them chained to a chair and exact a lifetime of pain on them in retribution for the suffering they inflicted.

I had a hard time reading the details of the abuse (fingernails pulled out with pliers, fingertips cut off) with my little boy running round the living room. Even when he is at his absolute worst, and I haven't slept for days I would never hurt him, and would gladly kill anyone who tried to.

7. holyheadjch

Cases like this make it really hard to argue against the death penalty. Really, really hard.

8. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Then send them to prison along with photos of the child which should be shown to their cellmates.

regards koyo

9. holyheadjch

I'm guessing this is a big part of the reason why they haven't released the name of the child, although such information tends to find their way into the prison system anyway.

Much prison shower fun to be had methinks.

10. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

At least we can aqll relax in in the comfort that there are plenty human rights scum who are just waiting to pounce on this case and protect that non human thing that was her mother and the social staff from any serious convictions, BECAUSE THERE IS ONE THING HUMAN RIGHT/SOCIAL WORKERS HAVE TAUGHT US , "ITS NOT THERE FAULT"

11. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

This is so sad, it really is hard to believe that something so awful could be done by any human being.

These people are evil, metal ill, whatever they are they are not right up-stairs in some way. Killing them would be good to some, but maybe too good for them? they dont value life - so maybe killing them is too easy? i dont know.

Its just all sad, they said on the news that the bosses were the ones saying not to take the kid out of the home, where as it was the social workers who were saying the baby should be taken into care. Dosent surprise me that someone in a cosy office can make some such overriding decision. It stinks.

12. holyheadjch

Human rights are important and they have to be universal otherwise they dont work. But the more that gets revealed about this case the more you have to ask yourself, at what point do social services become criminally negligent.

13. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Human rights should apply to those who follow the laws of society. You don't follow the law, you lose certain "rights". For example, these people should lose the right to annonymity, and thus lose the "right" to sleep soundly at night, wondering who is going to kick the crap out of them.

14. holyheadjch

Then they would not be 'human rights', but 'law abiding citizen rights', cue the slippery slope.

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm thinking now that possibly too much is being made of the social care issue in the news which is overtaking the fact that it was the 3 adults who did it and that's the main point.I know the social care failed, but it was down to the sick individuals who did the damage to the poor little thing.

16. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I am not a supporter of the death penalty however in this case my verdict would be life in solitary confinement so they can live to think what they have done to warrant such a punishment then after a year the means should be provide for them to take their own life. Society shouldn't be sullied with the necessity of have to dispose of these wretches.

The Bear.

17. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

They have to bring back the death penalty, theres no doubt in this case who did it and theres no way it was an accident, it turns my stomach the thought of what that baby went through. If not why don't they show photos of the mother and her boyfriend, maybe somebody will do the world a favour and save them going to court by torturing and killing them, slowly as possible!!!! I was told the boyfriend was a 6 foot lump of a bloke (don't know if its true) i bet he must have felt like a right hard B****** beating a poor innocent toddler!!!!!! String them up.

18. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Those three should feel and experience the full force of what they did to that baby I think everyone knows that but unfortunately what happened to that child cannot be undone, what can be changed and re-assesed is the Social Care system to try and make sure this can't happen again so the bigger issue made of the system in this case the happier I'll be.

19. holyheadjch

The problem is those 3 adults should not have been allowed to do that damage. Social services exist to prevent these things. It is one thing for a child to fall through the cracks, it is another entirely for social services to be actively involved in the case and to still do nothing.

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Oh exactly, I completely agree. I do think that the horrific nature of exactly what they have done has almost been played down by the blame placed on the social care system.
    There have been massive failings which need sorting, particularly in light of the fact that this council should have been sorted out after the last mistake.