Word of wisdom for all silat students Or NOT

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Orang Jawa, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Orang Jawa

Orang Jawa The Padi Tribe-Guardian

An ancient sage once said: "When student is ready, the teacher will appear." If you are a student or would be a student, empty your cup, learn to listen and listen to learn, and teachers appeared from all over the place.
    Learn to unlearned the thinking that had been keeping you prisioner of your own insecurities. You will began to see the world as a less threatning and more joyfull place to learn. I noticed my other people struggling with the same barriers...the main barrier being "fear"
    We fear beginnings, we fear endings, we fear changing, we fear saying stuck, we fear success, and we fear failure etc....
    "Feel the fear and do it anyway!" Dr. Susan Jeffers.
    And I could be wrong too.
    Peace and Be Well,
    Tristan

2. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

Well I guess the key word in that sentence is “ready” and what is meant by that? Certainly a teacher does not like a “know it all” as you can not teach someone who already knows it all but neither do they like someone who is an empty cup waiting to be filled.
    God helps those who help themselves i.e. don’t wait for others to teach you, don’t relay on others or their knowledge, that is laziness.
    I think being “ready” is having built a foundation yourself through your own efforts.
    When you look to build a house do you not first select suitable ground for a good foundation? Then the teacher will appear from all around you i.e. Nature itself can teach you much. This does not just apply to martial arts but everything.
    So what makes a good teacher and what makes a good student, I think opinions will vary widely on this.

3. Orang Jawa

Orang Jawa The Padi Tribe-Guardian

So what makes a good teacher and what makes a good student, I think opinions will vary widely on this.
    Most of us are not aware that we belong to moan-and-groan crowd until we stop moaning and groaning. When we becomes aware, things are automatically start to take care themselves.
    Tristan