WOOOO me

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by BlindClown, Nov 2, 2006.

1. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

I passed my grading for my 3rd belt in Wing Chung Kung FU .... im now 1st green :)

my sifu is John Agar ( north east of england )

2. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Wing Chun has belts??? :eek:

Congratulations anyway! :D

3. beknar

beknar Valued Member

Congratulations! So what new things will you learn at this level?

4. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Yeah WC has beltss, well im sure its different for different Teachers . So Maybe not all the schools do.

At this new level i will be training more in the Chi Sau areas , flow and movments.

i like the way i have been trained so far getting the basics drilled into me ( SLT ) and then moving onto how to use these basic's in flowing movments and techniques ( Chum Kue )

im sure i will still be doing things related to the CHUM KUE form as i dont feel as comfertable perfoming this form as i do the SLT

i havent trained much in SLT yet but i have been introduced into the basics of this preparign me for whats ahead at this level

I love learning Wing chung lol so much fun and in depth... i love how i find things out the principles behind things which i had no idea about before hand , or things i tried to interpurt myself actually beign taught to me in a correct way with the correct principle behind the movment.

5. TenTigers

TenTigers Valued Member

comgratulations! I am always glad to hear from someone who is exhuberant about their training and progress.

6. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

OP, congrats.

As for the belts. Some (few) WC schools in the western world have sashes, they're not belts per se.

We don't have sashes/belts in our WC school, nor did we have them when I trained in NY. I've never seen them at any of the WC schools I've trained or visited. Have only seen it in William Cheung (and some youtube) videos.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Valued Member

congrats brother!! i have my black sash and im from the moy yat(yip man) school and we use the sash system. you can go through wing chun quickly if you keep at it. the real time goes into refining your skills. learning how to use foward energy during fights is a beautiful thing. its like chi in motion and learning how to feel the enemy movements rather then see them giving you the advantage of counter/strike before he/she does. its a short beautiful system. some advice is to always work on your grabbing goat stance(if that is the style of wing chun you do that uses the toes pointed in)and shifting all the time. congrats bro.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  8. KuKulzA

KuKulzA Taiwanese independence!

congratulations...
    I recently passed my test to "level 1" and maybe will learn Gongli quan soon...
    my school is the Boston Kung Fu Tai Chi Northwest branch, my goal is to one day learn mantis, and every time I go there I feel a little closer to my goal...
    I too like to see people excited about martial arts, i mean I feel like a kid again in the way I am excited to go... as if you;ve been waiting for a long time to go, though it may have only been two days and you had practiced in between but it is just so fun to drill and perfect, and know you worked and ready for the next step right? ;)

9. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

It's quite common in the UK, the belts/sashes tend to be based around the forms. e.g. in all the schools in the organisation I train under there are four belts for each form and the gradings are based around being able to demonstrate competency in being able to apply all of the techniques within the relevant form. Throwing in full contact sparring from the end of chum kiu.