Women & Weights

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by YODA, Nov 7, 2002.

1. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

I think Yoda says things more elequently than I am able to.

2. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Firstly, I think you need chill the hec out. Secondly, I am VERY USED TO being called a sexist jerk because I said something that wasn't sexist at all, but the name callers were on the defensive because of something or other.

You say it is sexist to say a woman should or shouldn't work out because of sex appeal. Firstly, Glenchuy didn't say that. And what if he did, if he doesn't like a ripped woman does that affect the woman in any way? Most girls I know say guys should go to the gym to get a little muscle (I've had girls tell em this, but it's my choice if I want to work out for girls or for strength) but they hate those big bulky bodybuilders. No one calls them sexist. I think what's happening is that you're expecting sexist comments and attacking anything that remotely resembles one - and even seeing them when they're not there.

Anyway, enough of that. Back to women and weights. Like I was saying about athletic girls ...

3. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

Excuse me? I need to chill out? I wasn't even angry. I was just responding how I felt and why you're the one who is going all psycho all of a sudden.

And why are you bringing in things that girls said outside of this forum? What the heck does that have to do with anything???

In short, I think you suffer from poor reading comprehension and I'm not going to bother trying to dumb down my posts for you so I'm ending this conversation. Good night.

4. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

Whoops.

I didn't look at your profile before.

I didn't realize that you were just a teenage boy. I assumed you were older.

That explains a lot, especially your immaturity, inability to comprehend my posts properly and views on women.

edit: not that all teenage boys are ignorant/immature. lol I don't believe in "agism" hahaha.

edit #2: This thread was suposed to be about women and weight training and the benefits. Then a bunch of guys said "women shouldn't work out too much because then they will look too muscular and unattractive"

If you (you being plural to all the guys in this thread) cannot see why that is entirely inappropriate AND sexist than you are ****ing morons.

Okay. Now I'm done.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  5. Scarlet Mist

Woman, you have some serious issues. That's all. Immaturity? Inability to comprehend your posts? Am I meant to be taking you seriously. Don't make me start anything up in this biya biya ... :D

Anyway, whatever you say Kung Fu Chick

6. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

oui, je comprends- peace out :)

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

[​IMG]

:D :Angel: :D

8. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

I think Adam just nailed this one down right there! :) Loved that pic.

9. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Goddammit Scarlet, you have an unnatural obsession with the word 'celibate.'

No, actually, Wesker, she's not taking it too personally, I agree strongly with her. There's a reason why there's a lot of men around who like weakness in women. Men, IN GENERAL, judge themselves by other people's standards, and can only consider themselves strong if someone else is weaker than them. So if a woman is strong that's bad for a man who fits into this category, because he feels threatened, so he has to denigrate the strong woman by saying there's something wrong with her or she suffers from 'penis envy' (in modern terms of course). THIS is why it's considered bad for a woman to be muscular. Kung Fu Girl, I know how you feel, in Ireland particularly there's a lot of rather traditional/reactionary ideas about strength in women. I was doing a fitness test in PE at school once, we had to do push ups and the girls had to do them on their knees because "It's not good for girls to be using upper body strength" which is malarkey. If we weren't meant to be using strength we WOULDN'T EVEN POSSESS MUSCLE TISSUE, we'd be nothing more than freaking uteruses. Prehistoric women used their strength, presumably, and I have never heard of skeletons displaying damage(Sorry, I am getting a little emotional here, better cool t or will be stereotyped as an irrational girl). A friend of mine was recently moaning about how fat she was, and I said 'you're not fat, you are just powerfully built' and she replied 'that's not good for a a woman.' The extent of this social conditioning sometimes makes me want to go beat the crap out of all the stupid sexists who perpetuate it just so I could say 'I wasn't too weak to do that was I?' So Wesker, don't be too hard on KF girl, it can be hard believing in yourself when society is telling you you are weak, defenceless, etc.

Thanks, KE. I'll save it to disk.

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

It would be funny if you got your ass whooped!

Just though I would add to the pointless drama :D

11. Scarlet Mist

You're missing the point. It's not about 'celibate', it's about not messing with preceeding concept.

I Know Drama - like TBS.

ShotokanWarrior - Muscle tissue is not only for lifting stuff, but for breathing and digesting food, and other vital functions. So if you didn't have muscle tissue, you'd die. Of course, this has nothing to do with the actual point, but you know ... it's all about Drama.

Adam, how come when you select a picture of 'Drama' to post, you select one with three women? What are you trying to say?

12. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

I agree that the 'shouldnt be using upper body strength' thing is cobblers, but I'm not so sure about that push-ups on the knees is such a bad thing for women. If you compare the shape of me with that of an average guy, a fair amount of the guy's weight is in the upper body. Most of my weight is at my hips. This means that when I do standard press ups, most of my weight is in the middle, and is not supported. When a guy does it, the difference in shape means that his weight is better supported, at the top. Therefore, when I do a standard press up, my back bows, due to the weight in the middle and I end up using different muscles and more energy just to keep my body straight. Which is fine, but it does put more pressure on the back, and it is different to what guys do in a press up.:)

As for as the weights and gym thing goes; I dont do it, because it's just dull. Dulldulldull. Also, every gym I've been to has been mostly full of vain, self-obsessed morons in expensive lycra pouting at themselves in the mirror :rolleyes:
    I'd rather get fit by doing something interesting with nicer people (like MA)! :D

13. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

RRrRRrrrrrraaaaRRRrRRrrrrr! I'M ANGRY! I WANT TO SHOUTY-SHOUTY!
    wha?

oh, looks like I missed it all...

Playing the "age card" isn't cool..*
    and amusing if you are not that old yourself..
    I'm hoping to 'get it together' at around 55 or so.. :D

*Please note how I used "cool" to show my coolness and jive with the kids. Is "cool" still cool? I am still cool? Was I ever cool? :p

14. Scarlet Mist

Cool as the the other side of the pillow :D :cool: :p

15. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

Yes, this is completely off topic, but you can try "the plank" to correct posture problems with pushups.
    Many men have problems keeping their posture in pushups and end up humping the ground. I even saw someone testing for a bb in tkd who was just plain making love, but I Think I saw his elbows bend a couple of degrees while he did it.

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

All I'm going to say is that women shouldn't care about what men think of them, and just train to be strong. There are 2.5 billion men out there, there has to be one who isn't afraid to like a strong woman. That being said, I think women body-builders, the ones who train specifically to get bulky, are ugly. I just don't find anything attractive in a woman that looks like a man who wants to explode. =/

PL

17. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Kudos to all who strive to improve themselves.
    For me, frustration at not getting results fast enough made me start / stop a few times.. then I had a really good 6 month period - higher energy and all that good stuff... Then I moved and reverted to my old lifestyle. :cry:

18. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

I wasn't being serious about the age thing.

However, maybe Scarlet needs to feel what it's like to be discriminated against based on something you have no control over.

19. Scarlet Mist

Self improvement is the way to go, brotha. If a woman wants to train, let her train as much as she wants to. If she allows a man to stop her, that's her fault.

There you go making assumptions about Scarlet. How come Scarlet doesn't know what it is to be discriminated against. Ever heard of racism?

20. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Hang on...
    *picks up phone*
    It’s the U.N. - for you.
    They want you on their ‘arbitration and conciliation’ special task force due to your excellent conflict resolution skills and non-confrontational Socratic methods.

Can you fly out to Bosnia on the 15th? They'll send you Business Class...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004