women shots

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Long_Distance_R, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky

spooky Valued Member

;)
    I could not of said it better myself ADAM ;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  2. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

You know, I don't think this was really answered... I think there should be more female opinions on this, after-all, who knows better how to stop a woman attacker than a woman?

3. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

WHAT?

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I understand what Noontidal is saying.

Unfortunately every woman is different and it would take alot more to "subdue" me than the 'average' woman :) ..... as mentioned prior self defense should not be gender specific .... unfortunately Long_Distance_R never returned to offer specifics here on the nature of this 'provocation' ... if in fact she's just being a pain in the **** then get her in a painful lock until she screams for you to stop.

5. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Ok, so how about we just pick a reasonable scenario in which this could potentially happen. Say you're in a place and some lady, a wee bit drunk takes offese to having advances turned down, or feels excessively offended by.. oh, something written on your t-shirt (this one did happen sorta). As such she decides to start attacking the guy she finds offensive with intent of doing actual harm, would that work as a scenario? And how would one best quell or take her down?

An extremely angry woman is going to be very diificult to stop, without injury I'm thinking.

6. Scarlet Mist

Exactly! Which is why you are going to punch her in the face - HARD. Alternatively, you could use an elbow or roundhouse kick to the leg.

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Why can't you just turn around and walk out the door and go to another bar?

Unless someone lunges at you in a drunken attack and you don't have time to leave the situation it is self defense where in I noted earlier ... this is not, nor should it be gender-specific.

Back in the day when I got hit on by unruly drunk guys at the club and turned them down they would get all hostile and try to move in on me... I could have very well kicked their ass but instead called a bouncer whose job it is to handle such situations or just chose to leave and go somewhere else.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

if the ethic rules say don't hit women and you follow the rule, just do a minor restraining SD technique i like: put your thumb on the top border of the pectoral and stick your index and middle fingers in front of her trapezium then make pressure, that could drop anyone in seconds with enough force and it only hurts(hurts like heck but still it's only pain)

Fish Of Doom

9. Pax Noctis

Pax Noctis New Member

Woman slapping your face = Yokumen-uchi Shiho Nage.

She might rethink her strategy after that one, and if you know what you're doing, you probably won't hurt her too badly other than the initial shock and surprise.

~Pax

10. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Oh, I suck at coming up with senseless reasons for an attack, but I'm supposing that many SD classes are gender-specific targetting men, the same defensive tactics might be not as effective and perhaps interchanged with more a appropriate defense. Of course walking away is the best defense vs man or woman(when it will work), but just assume that such isn't an option and you're pretty much on your own there, eh?

11. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

just buy her a tequila. She will calm down in no time :D

12. Scarlet Mist

What rule? The fist is no respector of gender, size, weight or class.

I know, because I'm a bad motherfizzle! :D

13. Funky Phantom

Funky Phantom Valued Member

Some people here seem all too eager to hit anyone regardless of age, gender etc and I think a lot of it is to do with that lovely male trait of not wanting to lose face. We've all had it at times, somethings happened to us that has caused us to feel embarrassed or look bad in front of others and sometimes the only way you can think of to remedy it is to teach the person who has caused you the offence a lesson and beat them up.

A few people have mentioned earlier about the consequences of hitting a girl and some of the seemingly less mature don't seem to realise that something liking hitting a girl hard\beating her up will have serious consequences. Anything could happen to you from getting the absolute living daylights beaten out of you by her boyfriend, brother(s) or father and having things thrown at your house\your car smashed up all the way up to legal action. You life could become hell just because of one ill-considered punch. Personally, if my sister or girlfriend ever came home with a huge bruise on her face having been punched by a guy, I would make his life hell in every way I could and he'd deserve it. I am perhaps particularly anti-violence against women as my current girlfriend was physically abused by her previous boyfriend (she's only 18 now and she's already been through this) and she went through absolute hell. I understand that this is not the same thing at all and domestic violence is quite a different issue, but I urge you to think before you swing at her.

First, ask yourself why you're doing this? Is it a matter of saving face? Has she disrespected you and you feel you must get her back to prevent yourself looking bad in front of others? All too often this is the reason why young males get into fights, I know I've been tempted many times to fight on this basis bu I've never bothered. If you genuinely feel that it is not a matter of saving face and feel you are indeed under threat and fear for your personal safety, then choose an appropriate course of action based on the situation. Are you able to get away without a physical confrontation really occurring? If so, do so. If you can't then use appropriate force. If she just slaps you, that is hardly cause to punch her right back, but if she's really laying into you, then restraining her is most certainly justified, plus it will give her a chance to calm down. Punching her should be an absolute last resort and you should seriously consider the potential consequences of your actions I mentioned earlier.

Girls\women in your Martial Arts class and your average girl\woman in the street are quite different. The majority of women are not at all prepared for the pain of physical combat (neither are most average men) so you should not go full throttle on them. This simply fulfils the idea of the mindless thug who learns Martial Arts to become more effective at clobbering people. Martial Arts is about self-control as much as it is about violence and combat, remember this.

Apologies for the long post but this issue is something I feel rather strongly about and seeing the amount of responses suggesting you simply KO her for slapping you, I felt obliged to post this.

P.S. Some people here claim that this is about equality, but would you smack an old woman or a child in the face for doing the same thing as this young woman?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  14. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Double Dutch to me ..... means about as much as:

jgkhfghdgho lighdlrij lk gelrigjp technique works.

Could you put it in laymans terms please???

15. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

The fact is, the average woman is no child, and should be accountable for her actions. I'm not saying you lay into her or use force above that which is necessary or even go out looking for these crazy women. I'm just saying defense is justified, as for your consequenses; as long as you did not respond in an obsenely unjustified manner you need not fear. You punch a girl in the face to get her to back down, it works and you proceed no further.

The legal consequense is invalid as the law is on your side. As for the brothers/father/boyfriend, again, the law is on your side, and if they can't help but treat their female like a irresponsible child, then they may have to face legal consequences as a result of the child's unrulyness. For all this to work, all you need to do is be cool and calm, and avoid doing more than is needed to quel the attack. Perhaps then leave to avoid further violence toward you, or leave before if the option seemed viable, but initially you were just wanting to get her off you anyway.

16. Sgt_Major

Just a quick note:

I watched a program on tele the other night, where a TV camera follows round a couple of police officers in Londonderry, there was an incident outside a nightclub where a woman was slapping a bouncer, and he smacked her one in the face, the police saw it and intervened, telling the woman she was in the right to press charges against him for assault, even tho she had been the first to hit, but that part had not been seen by the police.

They then took him aside and told him he had been out of line even if she had been hitting him......

just a note to beware what you do in circumstances like this...the law DO have a certain level of double standards for assault on men/women

17. Funky Phantom

I was entirely in agreement with you until your last point. Your last sentence seems to contradict everything you had just said in that paragraph. You talk about reasonable force and then suggest punching her in the face? Sounds reasonable to me...

I wouldn't count on it. If someone attacks you and you do real damage, I wouldn't count on your being legally untouchable. Why take the chance? Why give you assailant potential legal ammunition to use against you? Do what must be done and get out of there, nothing more.

Agreed, you must do what is necessary to prevent harm from being caused to you, but many people seem to feel that beating a girl until she is unconcious could be considered justifiable, which I find rather disturbing. In my view, simply holding her in some sort of lock until she's calmed down or pushing onto the floor is enough to prevent any further harm coming to you and gives you ample opportunity to escape the situation. Punching her in the face as an initial response is anything but justified in my view.

18. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Ohh, and if this was caught on tape, and admissable as evidence, the charges would, once in court end up being reversed. It was just a social thing to make the child feel better. The bouncer, if he was up on his books, was likely aware that their warning to him was crap.

19. Funky Phantom

Its a fair point and provided you react in an appropriate fashion to an incident such as this, you'll have no problems with the law.

20. Sgt_Major

This was no child...Im talkin 30something female. Quite possible there would have been nothing of it, but I rather floor her in some other manner than have my mug on the tv and in the courtroom as a woman-beater!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.