Women in UKMMA

Discussion in 'MMA' started by SteelyPhil, Aug 18, 2007.

1. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Watching a fight:
    Kate Sandells vs Kirsty James (stand up only) they just go crazy on each other. Literally beating each other constantly, it's a lot different from the men's stuff, who tend to back off and lay in a couple combos over just slugfeast. It's weird.
    Opinions?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

How experienced are they? How many fights each?

3. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Rosi Sexton is supposedly the best in the UK. She fights for Bodog

4. Moi

Just googled her, brains and brawn.

5. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

These 2 were just crazy, i don't think grappling was allowed (due to boxing gloves, don't tend to accomidate it).
    It seemed a lot more savage than the men's fighting. Not worse or any less technically, they were literally toe to toe barely giving ground and kicking/punching each other.
    Dunno about the fight records, I had to go check on my neice when they announced them.

6. Moi

7. Moi

A lot of womens fights are like that.

8. stump

stump Supersub

This is cage-boxing (fairly rare) , so pretty much the standard boxing rules but just held in a cage. Though the fight is logged on Sherdog which must be a mistake - they don't normally show non-MMA fights on there for obvious reasons.

Didn't think it was either particularly impressive or poor - fairly exciting fight between (what looks to be) two decent but inexperienced boxers - they definitely gave it their all. Wouldn't say there's anything inherently different in here just because it's girls.