Woman VS Man experience

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by hedgehogey, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

We got off topic. Partially my doing, but its hard for a teacher to ignore really bad statements.
    Why are all muggers big? Is there a rule that states that they have to be 200lbs? If there was, I wasn't aware of it. Truthfully, most muggers and opportunity rapists (different from being raped by someone you know, which is actually the majority of rapes reported) will not attack women who are perceived as being stronger or more aware of their surroundings. As far as that goes, a good offense is a good defense. But, yes, I digress again. Sorry.
    Women can beat men, men can beat women, fights can go either way depending upon strength, ability, confidence, weight and luck. Being stronger is a part of that equation, but not the sum total of that equation. Do not overestimate your strength.

2. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

My names nikole, Alberts girlfriend, and I want to say something about these moronic posts trying to make girls seem so equal to men.

Being able to give birth and survive doesnt mean girls have a higher pain tolerance than guys. Half the women who give birth are drugged up and numb.

Your evidence for men being unimportant is bs. they send all the men to war because females are emotionally too weak, generaly that is. A man is more likely, in the face of danger, to pull the trigger than an emotional girl. men are able to carry out tasks faster than women, a proven fact. That is one reason women are not allowed to fight in the military.

Even if men feel slightly more intense pain than females, it makes no difference because as TyrX already stated, men can handle external pain better than women, as in fighting, you would be hit and that pain is mainly external. And by saying physiologically women have more tolerance makes no difference at all in a fight, because tolerance or not, they cannot actually handle it mentally, therefore making pain tolerance a mental thing also, which plays the biggest role.

3. Big Pete Boy

Big Pete Boy New Member

Wtf????????

Are we talking an untrained woman without knowledge? If not then SHUT THE HELL UP.

We train in breakout's and ground escape using all different holds. We have all types of sizes in our club and all these different sizes have trained with the women. We have in the past done rape scenario training, where we get the woman to put her coat over her training top and then she is attacked by up to 4 guys. The idea is for the guy's to get her coat off and be in a position to remove her trousers. Obviously it stops at this point. The woman are verbally abused and threatend and it can be very nasty. It may be a controlled situation, but if you say it's not real, so she wouldn't react the same then you're talking ****. The women always end up in the toilets crying as it gets very emotional, but they all ways thank us for giving them the insight, knowledge and ability to deal with that situation. Most of the women in our club, past and pressent can fight off guy's in this situation.

So i'll say it again,, SHUT THE HELL UP.

4. wrydolphin

Nikole, I am sorry if I've upset you by not downgrading our sex. Wait... no, I'm not.
    None of what I said is bs, its scientifically proven. Population genetics, studies and ecological studies support this at such a level, the only people who don't already know this are those who are ignorent of science. Yes, women are usually given drugs during modern births. However, modern medicine has not had a fully suffencient time to affect our basic biology. We are still driven by genetics that evolved in a vastly different environment. I am sorry to point out that your knowledge of science does not seem to be strong enough to make your points.
    Hm, I've been through ROTC, had to give back my commision due to an injury and a change in graduation date, have known other women in the military (more then one branch) and am friends with several women who take on such careers that might put them in the line of fire or who have just had some sort of weapons training. If you are emotionally too weak to defend yourself, that's one thing. Please do not extend your weaknesses to the rest of the women on the face of the planet. Would you deny a woman the chance to defend herself because you have decided that they are too weak? This makes me angry. Too angry to continue for the moment. If you have any further comments, I will take them up at that time, until then I will let it go before I really get mean.

5. redi knight

redi knight New Member

dont see why it would be so hard for some to imagine a women beating a man,silly to think gender is such a big factor.

if personA is untrained and not strong either, they'll most likely lose to personB.. who is untrained but very strong,and almost certain to lose if personB is also trained..but not 100%.
    If personA is trained, but not that strong, they may still be able to contend and perhaps even defeat personB if they're just strong but not experienced,and even if personB is trained, personA still has a good chance of winning.
    (did anyone make any sense of that? :D)

and when both are relatively equal, then it just comes down to things like determination,luck i guess, and who "plays their cards the best"

6. Tika

Tika New Member

Im pretty surprised at this discussion. I really thought that women were starting to be accepted as athletes, and not just frail little things that cant help themselves. Most women I know that are into any athletic activity, be it martial arts, gymnastics, soccer or softball, are all very strong, and could win in a fight against most non-athletic guys. When it comes to the martial artists, Id say many of them could win in a fight against any untrained (and unarmed) attacker. It is such a horrible generalization to say that women will rarely win in a fight.

I think Im more of an exception then the norm, but I can lift pretty heavy weights (and I dont think that is the main contributor to my power but it helps), put me up against your average guy and often I'll put him down. Not every time no, but give me another year lifting and training and Ill say I could win every time against your untrained guy fighter. Give your ego a rest and admit that the trained female has more then a good chance at winning against an untrained man.

7. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

Hey big Pete Boy, I wasn't talking to you, so shut the * up. Maximus or whatever his name was claimed women were physically equal to men, and this is false. I prove this by telling you to take a peek in a world record book. Why is it that every domestic violence situation is about the man beating his wife, and not the other way around? Men are better at fighting, period. Yes, it is possible for a women to spend her life training in MA and beat up a man, but I say again short of that, it is unlikely.
    Unless you disagree, then shut the * up. (Big Pete Boy)

8. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Why did this drift so far away from Hedgehoney's mom? Doesn't anybody except me and knight_errant want to talk about her :p ?

9. wrydolphin

Hey, there are accounts of women beating their husbands. It is becoming more prevalent, though many occurances do not get reported due to embarrassment.
    Hedgehogey's mom is cool in my book.

10. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

And I'm sure you jumped right in to help her everytime, right? That sounds like something a stand-up gentleman, such as yourself, would do.

Radok, you need to realize that you are a 15-year old kid. And when you say you haven't met any women who could stand up to you, you're joking. Maybe you haven't met any 15-year old girls, but a woman would certainly "toss you around like a ragdoll." It sounds like you need a bit more life experience, and hopefully, you won't continue being such a chauvinist. If it would help, next time your in New York, look me up and I'll introduce you to some of the female powerlifters I've been lucky enough to train with. From the things I've seen you say, it sounds like you have had a few too many personal experiences with man-woman violence, and I am sorry for that.

With all that aside, however, I'll bet cash money that Tika would give you a thorough trouncing in a sparring match. I'll go even further and say that any woman, after attending 6 weeks of structured martial arts training from any halfway decent instructor would sufficiently defend herself if attacked by an average man on the street. I await your enlightened response. :D

11. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

Actually, I spar against grown women all the time, and as I say, we (men in class) have to be careful not to injure them. Women have a small bone and muscular structure, and they are much more fragile then men. Don't any of you people practice a martial art? Don't you notice the difference between sparring a man and a woman?

About powerlifters, that is my point. These are not normal women. They work they're butts off all they're life to get strong, take every barely leagal sup/roid they can get, and they get strong. As I said before, if a women spends all her time training, she can beat a man. That is not what I am arguing, I am arguing the ridiculous point made earlier in the thread that women are physically equal to men, and any thinking person can see that they are not. Again, no one challenges the record book point.

And no, I call the police. That's the kind of upstanding guy I am. Running into another man's home and jumping him while he is attacking his wife is what you call stupid, similar to this thread.

12. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

Such a big person are you, big pete? Telling people to shut up like that. And are you going to do something about it if they dont?

13. redi knight

redi knight New Member

All it was originally about was a trained lighter women facing a untrained,probably stronger and heavier man-and winning.
    Does anyone find that hard to believe?
    not me.
    lol,the boy hedgehogy mentioned sounded alot like me when i first went into martial arts. I could've bin beaten by any guy or gal if they were good enough,cuz all i knew how to do was exert force and be agressive,as most guys.

There was a guy in my class who was already in there for the past2 or 3 years before i was, and when i first wrestled him, i just tried to out muscle him,but to no avail, he was at least as strong as me,more experience and a 50 pound advantage.
    But as time went on i was able to contend with him longer and longer.
    untill one day about a year later, i had a good match with him..i managed to get the upper hand and he couldnt get me off him for 15 minutes! lol..then he finally he did somethin and broke free-that when i was like "aight man, thats enough for me"..needless to say, he got even :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  14. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Gee, sounds like you just described a martial artist. Without, of course, the steroids. Interesting point, I've never met a lifter (competitive or recreational) who juiced, so you really shouldn't stereotype.

Your big grasp of "the record books" is flawed. Anyone who attempts a record is consciously trying to break a record, and is training accordingly. It doesn't carryover to real-life applications very well. Female martial artists, however, generally train specifically for real-life situations. Just because a guy holds the world record in the bench press, doesn't mean he'll win a fight.

If you want to get technical, which I'm sure you do, the average woman will have greater lower body strength than the average man. While the average man will have greater upper body strength. This naturally means that any kicks/knee strikes will be much stronger from a woman, than they would from a man. Also, a traditionally "girly" way (no offense intended, ladies) to scratch at an opponent is an ideal way to deal with any attacker's eyes. We can also expect the average woman to have more natural weapons on her person (purse, long fingernails, rings for more effective punching) than a man, which gives her an advantage. Further, I would not be surprised if the average woman walks with a heightened awareness in recent times, which makes her slightly less vulnerable to surprise attacks.

Actually, interrupting a "brutal" attack of a woman, no matter where I see it happening, is what I call common sense. You call the cops first, then you knock on the door and get involved. Otherwise, you might as well be kicking her face too. I could never live with myself if I found a situation like that and all I did was make a phone call. "Okay, that's my best. No more for me to do here." But that's okay, you're still just 15, so you may not be comfortable taking that step. Though, I'd hope most men would.

Which reminds me of what I touched on eariler: Buddy, I've been training in the martial arts since you were in diapers, and I'm sure the majority of people on this board can say the same. You're talking a good game, but...you have very limited life experience. and you have not yet met enough women to form an honest opinion, and some part of you should realize that. I suggest you take a look here www.tuffgrrlz.com/index.asp?page=gallery Contact a few of the women there with your opinion, then get back to us.

15. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

Yah, im only about 150, and wrestle a guy whos about 250 and has many more years experience, but after just a couple times ive become harder for him to beat and last alot longer.

16. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

You say on average that women have more lower body strength in the legs and such, but what about compared to the average of men in martial-arts who train there legs to be strong, because i know i do, and have never met in schools ive gone to and go to, girls, that had stronger legs and kicking ability than myself, even those older, bigger or with more experience. And i know of many men who have enough nail on there fingers to scratch someones eyes out, women with long nails cannot, because those nails will break and only hurt them. So its safe to say that both men and women have the nails, and men can carry briefcases as women purses.

17. Tika

Tika New Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence :D. If I wasnt a geographical idiot and have no idea how far this pan handle thing is away from orlando, Id set up a sparring match with the young man. But with my luck he is like 6'4" :D

Hey Albert, women are typically stronger in the lower body, just as men are typically stronger in the upper body. But this is all person to person, so just because you think you have stronger kicks then all the girls then youve met, doesn't necessarily mean that youre getting a good sample of the overall population. Who knows, maybe theyre just holding back because they dont want to hurt you. Oh, and keep your girlfriend off the computer will you? She is setting back the civil rights movement a decade or so.

That was rude, but I don't care.

18. wrydolphin

I do train as much as the guys in my classes and I train two different types of art, ground and stand up. My legs are stronger then all of the guys except one. He and I are pretty much comparable. I don't do as much punching, probably not as much as I should, but you can count on the fact that I am training towards my strengths, both stand up and grappling. Where I am already strong, I train to become stronger. I have never heard of anyone getting weaker while training. Barring injury, of course.
    I still don't see what record books have to do with martial arts. Separate sports, but let me point this out. In her field, any woman can out compete you. In my much more considerable experience, kiddo, I can beat you. I probably could have at 15 as well. I spar routinly with men, both taller and stronger then I am. Know what? I can still beat them. None of your arguements hold any water.
    I don't keep my nails long because I don't like claws, they interfer with other aspects of my life, like typing, but I wouldn't want to go up with someone weilding them. Let me tell you a secret, when your fighting, you don't notice that your hurt. More so in real situations. All those increadable acts that you hear about, like the mother lifting a car off her child and such, they actually happen.
    Oh, and Albert, if your really the scrawny little fifteen year old we know you are, and you think you can beat a 250lb man, what makes you think I can't either. Masogenist dork. That's my arguement, you can't use my arguement against me! Go out and get a better example.

19. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

That was not my question, but thank you for answering nothing tika. If we wernt so far from each other, id gladly have you tell her yourself to stop, in person. :)

20. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

LOL.. Wrydolphin, im sorry but your arguements are what have no ground. I did NOT say a women could not beat a man, so do not bring that into talking about me. And for your information i am not a 15 year old, and gaurantee you i am far from scrawny. I also said nothing about thinking i am able to beat a 250 pound man. You have no idea about who i am, or what i can do, nor about Radok, and saying any women in the record books could beat him at what they do may not be true, because you have no idea if it is or not. You should probably review what your saying before you say things accusing people. For all you know, i could beat the living hell out of you effortlessly, or vice versa, but i have made no assumptions about you personally now have i.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.