Woman VS Man experience

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by hedgehogey, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistfighter

Fistfighter New Member

Seen it happen

I have seen it happen that a woman beats a man in a kind of street fight. But at least in that case because she was able to surprise a nor so prepared man i guess. The most astonishing point was that as far as I could assess she was no more than half of his weight

2. Tika

Tika New Member

Surprise is the biggest weapon a woman has in a street fight. A typical attacker would not expect a woman to fight back, especially in a way that a trained martial artist would fight back.

3. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

Not everyone takes a ma to fight. You can say the same generalization of kung fu and karate. I know some female tkd black belts that can kick ass and never have point sparred in their life. I also know some that completely suck. We never point spar in class. We just free spar and it is no different than kickboxing with sweeps and stand up grappling (mostly grabing kicks). In my home town there are at two female street fighters I have seen that would make think twice about messing with them. Not very nice of whoever dissed hedgehogey's mother for taking bjj with him. I have got my mother into because I also know it is important for women to learn and I love my mother (she can kick ass too).

That is what my only and favorite female tkd instructor says :) . Nicely said. She forgets the fact that she has big muscles for a natural women though. No doubt in my mind that she can defend herself.

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Exaclty how I teach Self Defence to females or anyone use what you got.

5. Tika

Tika New Member

I TRY to convince everyone that im scary and mean and dangerous but no one seems to believe me, I don't know why.... So I always have surprise on my side :D.

6. Fistfighter

Fistfighter New Member

Have you also been attacked someties or maybe several times by some man?

7. Tika

Tika New Member

A few times yes, I've also been the agressor once or twice. But I was just making a joke in my last post.

8. TyrX

TyrX Unregistered Non-User

There's this chick in my Wing Chun class, that I have no doubt in my mind could handle herself incredibly well in a fight...just the way she holds herself and trains, and when we do Chi Sao...I get scared, because I'm still new...she gets these "looks" on her face, and I think she will hurt me...lol...she was already suspended for not appologizing to someone when she hit them pretty hard...now she's back...

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

"now she's back ..."

Not for long if she carries on like that again. :(

10. saikyou

saikyou New Member

martial arts is not meant to hurt others.

11. TyrX

TyrX Unregistered Non-User

This is true, and not to defend her actions, but she's the type that wants it all too fast...

Not for long indeed...I'm just waiting for her to say something to my teacher...she only comes once every 2 weeks though...but when summer time hits and she's out of college or uni or whatever she does she'll be back :eek: rofl...then I'll start wearing a cup to class...heheh...

Then there's this other chick in my class, who I just adore her...training style, intensity yet she's polite and always answers questions and asks them too, she used to kickbox so I know she can handle herself...and when she was messing around with another from our class outside, he did something that made her "flinch" and her flinch reaction was a punch to the eye...it was all in good fun, she didn't hit him hard, she pulled it but not fast enough...she was so sorry...face all red...I really look up to her. :love:

12. Big Pete Boy

Big Pete Boy New Member

LMFAO.....

That is the best post in the world ever.

13. Big Pete Boy

Big Pete Boy New Member

It's not about male or female, big or small etc....

It's about ability and knowledge. I have fought full contact with big, strong guy's and kicked them black and blue. I've then stepped up against women in full contact, (we do not see men and women in our club, only students), and had a harder fight than the one before. If one individual has more knowledge and ability than another, then that individual will come out on top.

14. judoboxer

judoboxer New Member

If a girl has been doing a martial art for a long time then of course they can beat a man I train with 18 stone men and i am only 9 stone i have done judo since i was 4 and i am now 17 and I tell you that I have beaten bigger men. Its about skill not strength.

15. Tika

Tika New Member

Its usually about skill and not strength. But if a man and a women are similar in skill, sometimes even if the woman is somewhat more skilled, if the man is much larger and much stronger (which is often the case) the man will usually prevail. I hate to admit to that, but its true. Yes there will be exceptions, and the trained woman will often win over the untrained stronger man, but strength still plays a big role.

16. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

the thing is that strength does somewhat give you the edge. If it's close strength can tip the balance but in general the more skillful wins.
    (Although this isn't necessarily always in the mans favour I'm referring to those woman built like arnold Schwarzeneggar who are always in the gym)

17. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

That's the most retarted thing I have heard in a long time. Think about it, men hold the world record for just about every sport event. There are men that bench well over 8OO pounds! Men for world records, men run faster, farther, jump higher and longer, lift more weight, and get WAY upward of 3OO pounds solid muscle. How can you believe women are physically equal?

And about women having a higher pain threshhold, I don't buy it for a second. SOme would argue they have a higher pain tolerance because they birth childeren, BS!! They don't tolerate that pain, they scream and cry and sound like there is a murder going on. That does not reflect on the womans pain tolerance because she isn't bearing the pain. Another reason I believe men have a higher pain tolerance is because I play bloody knuckles a bit. And am actually one of the best in the school. I played against one guy for an HOUR STRAIGHT in one match. I have also played against some girls, and have never met a girl that lasted through the first punch. So lets compare boy=1 hour nonstop punching girls=1 punch.

I know you guys are trying to be PC, but use your common sense.

18. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Wow Radok, bloody knuckles really does compare with pushing a 7lb watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon. I am glad that you have completely turned all that we know about physiology on its ear. Never mind all the actual science that goes on, no.... its all about bloody knuckles. You'll have to forgive me if I sound trollish... or not, I don't much care what you think one way or another, but why don't you actually do some sort of research before you spit up verbally. No one said that males aren't stronger then females, especially in the upper body.
    Why don't you gnaw on this one while your at it. Females have higher survival rates, do have higher pain thresholds, and are, in general, more flexable. The reason for this is biological. Females are more important to populations then males. Therefore, I would state, for the general public consumption, that females are set up to endure more and survive more.
    Before you guys out there start flaming me... just like to point out that I like all you guys just fine the way you are, but I will still endevor to kick your butts on the mat. :Angel:

19. Tika

Tika New Member

wrydolphin : Great post! I wanted to say something to Radok for that post myself but I think you just about covered it. I mean, no one on here is trying to claim that women are just as strong as men, just that we do have the ability to win in a fight. Even sometimes against a stronger opponent ( that goes for men or women )

As far as bloody knuckles, if youre young enough to still be playing games like that you are probobly not an authority on the workings of the male and female bodies.

20. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

i agree, just because there are differences between the sexes doesn't necessarily mean that one is better than the other. Each has it's good and bad points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.