Woman VS Man experience

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by hedgehogey, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

I don't think the point sparring (tkd sparring) analogy holds up. In point sparring you're not using all your strength. I don't think anyone believes point sparring is anywhere near a good judge of fighting ability.
    Now kickboxing is a different story.

2. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Who said anything about point sparring? Yeah, point sparring is all pure techniqueand only sometimes about power and can sometimes not be realistic. I think we can all agree that some of the things we do for tournaments we wouoldn't do in the real world, and yes, that includes grappling as well. Plenty of tournament moves there as well. HH, your mom beat a guy, I've beaten guys.... I am sure that there are several other women here who have beat men. Why is this so hard for you to believe?
    kotr: you've just not been around long enough or hung out in the right places. Women beat up men all the time.... even my aunt beat the crap out of a guy once who was beating up my uncle. She jumped on the guy's back and started whaling on him. Who said you had to fight by the rules?
    This is starting to turn into the "girls and sparring" thread. If you want, why not just read through it instead of posting here?

3. ppko

ppko Valued Member

polarity

I have heard of many women beating men on the street not in the dojo it might help to check out out polarity and its meaning in fighting you can get some great info. on it from George Dillman or Kim Dillman but the polarity does work and it would just be another thing to add to your arsonal
    Thanks for your time
    Joe Morris ppko@blackbelt.zzn.com www.dillman.com

4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

There is a girl who trains in MMA at a club in the UK I used to train at. However Wednesday nights is a no brainer for me anymore so I can not make it anymore :cry:

However she has though at amature level in MMA in the cage etc however being a woman she has had 6 fights and won 3 of them. THESE WERE ALL AGAINST EQUAL WEIGHT GUYS!

She is about 9.5 stone and really good!!!!

5. Tika

Tika New Member

Im not going to say a word. Wait, I just said a few...Oh well. *closes her mouth*

6. wrydolphin

For those of us not from the UK, how much is a stone anyway?

7. Dalton

Dalton New Member

any seasoned street fighter man will kick the crap out of any blackbelt tae kwon do female. thats just the facts maam.

8. Tika

Tika New Member

I'm not the biggest fan of TKD myself, but I think that depends on the females ability, strength, and their school. That is way too much of a generalization.

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

"Hey! Think the time is right for a palace revolution
    'Cause where I live the game to play is compromise solution
    Well then what can a poor boy do
    Except to sing for a rock 'n' roll band
    'Cause in sleepy London town
    There's no place for a street fighting man"

.... sorry I have to sing to keep calm here!

10. Tika

Tika New Member

I was waiting for KickChick to see that....

11. wrydolphin

Perhaps, perhaps not. But I thought the point of this thread was to find out if it were common for women to beat men in fights. And, it is a lot more common then any of you men seem to think it is. Especially outside of the dojo where there aren't any rules. The less fair the fight, the harder the win... I think that's a statement we can all agree on, as well as one that goes both ways.

Besides:
    What's with the whole TKD is terrible and useless stuff? Says who?

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Can we all agree on this then?

13. Tika

Tika New Member

Ill agree but I think all martial arts are great for women, and men for that matter :D.

14. wrydolphin

I have always thought that it is best to have a combination of skills, grappling amoung them. It always seemed to me that if you could strike but not grapple or grapple but not strike that you were only playing with half the ball. They are separate arts, but the compliment.
    And, yes.... half a ball is better then no ball at all.

15. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.. can I quote you on that? ;) :D

16. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

The girl involved was about in lbs 124 I think. She is about 5'8 tall.

17. wrydolphin

Of course Kickchick. I live to provide such wisdom! :p

Thanks, Sonshu. The stones were throwing me for a loop.

18. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

I kinda asked about that at the beggining of the thread. In fact, it's kinda the whole point of the thread.

19. wrydolphin

Ok, then what are we going 'round about for? :)

20. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Not all TKD is about point sparring. We very rarely do point sparring in my class. We just put on some pads, and spar for a set time, or until the instructor thinks we've had enough (which can be a REALLY long time if the fight's going well)

PL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.