Woman VS Man experience

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by hedgehogey, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pericles

Pericles Valued Member

No advertising ALLOWED. If you wish to advertise please contact us..... thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2004
  2. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Look, it is a legitimate post in an area that is called women's self defense. Your right, not as many women as I would like are not strong enough, but that has nothing to do with physiology, its mental. Your postings and other posts just like it do not help that situation.
    I never thought you were the enemy, I just think you are misinformed. I also think that you are vocal about your misinformation.
    If you really think that women have such a disadvantage fighting, then I think you should put your money where your mouth is and try to teach your fellow martial artists to be better. Just telling a woman that she is weak isn't exactly productive. Its more harmful then anything else.

3. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

I think Scarlet's point is the disparity transcends skill and size. But this should make achievement all the sweeter. Scarlet DOES train with women, so the last point is moot.

4. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Wry, what in the hell are you talking about? Your post is kinda hard to read and the working is convoluted. Gosh - it's like my ex - girlfriend is talking to me again ahahahhahhahahah ...

ok my bad, no more of that

Umm.. I never told any woman that she's weak. Have I ever said on this forum to any woman "you are weak". Have I?
    And I am not qualified to teach any woman anything in martial arts. I haven't been training that long, and I'm not that good.
    Oh, should I say, one of my favorite instructors is a woman, she is one of the most technically correct practitioner of the art I have seen. She is however not that good at sparring she's a little short, and moves slower than I do. Big deal, I certainly wouldn't attack her on the streets though - she seems to be able hit pretty hard. I have another femal colleague I train with, she is also very skilled and I can't wait till she comes back so I can spar her ... of course, neither of these women are as tough as most of the men that train at the academy. This is my point - men on average are tougher. That's not to say that females can't be tough.
    And how do my postings not help the situation? If a woman is to defend herself doesn't she have to know that unless she's Kathy Long or Tika :D , most men are going to be stronger and probably faster than her at the point at which she begins her training?

5. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Time for some penguinization of this topic!
    [​IMG]

*no comment*

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

No ... that's nonsense

7. Scarlet Mist

It is? Please clarify, oh great one...

8. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Yeah.. probably needs some clarification.
    I think when fighting, especially in life or death situation, you'd want to maximize your attributes whilst nullifying the opponents advantages? I wouldn't expect a TKDer to try and grab a trappler, for example...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2004
  9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

The last thing I want to do is to get into yet another heated debate over "gender politics"

.... if you need clarification in order to understand, I replied "No" because a female at the beginining of her self defense training needs to focus on defending herself against any assault regardless of whether it be male, female or weapon.

10. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

This should be about 7 different threads, 3 of them locked...

:rolleyes:

11. Scarlet Mist

Why not? Sounds like fun, doesn't it?
    :rolleyes: :D

Ok, now that makes sense. But I still don't understand why what I said is nonsense. Of course, in the grand scheme of things it does not really matter... all that matters is that whatever gender you are, you get CRUNK WITH IT! ....

I'm out

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Because KC will knock the tar out of you thats why :D

I can't believe this thread has lived for 19 pages....

13. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Instigator!

**Puts $20 on Scarlet!**

14. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I am not closing this thread because of this remark ... but because this thread is going nowhere and will continue to do so I'm afraid.

Thanks for the replies boys & girls!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.