WolfMother - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by murphy81, Aug 22, 2006.

1. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

What do you think about WolfMother?

Just heard there new album - I personally think that they are the best band around at the moment (not that much to go on though :rolleyes:)

2. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Bought the album and they were alright. Then saw em live a few weeks ago and DAMN THEY ROCKED. Yeh. I like em, but definatly one for the rock fans...

... now can begin the tirade of who they sound like by people who miss the point.

3. murphy81

LOL well I'll start...he has the voice of a young Robert Plant, in some of the songs definetely.:D

4. wild_pitch

wild_pitch Melt The Guns!

a little derivative but a lot of fun.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Been a while since I last heard someone sing out loud about Unicorns

6. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

I think they're ok. I don't like them that much or anything. But never the less, I was still very happy to see a band/artist/group finally making it big that wasn't Pop, Rap, "RnB", really over the top soft rock, etc.

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Nice to hear a bit of rip-off and proud of it rock. Really like the album, got a sweet t shirt too :)

Incidentally went to see eagles of death metal tonight... :eek: Too awesome, been less sweaty in saunas.

8. The Kestrel

The Kestrel Valued Member

They play better than many bands, but, in my opinion, they could as well name themselves " LedPurpleSabbath "

9. murphy81

LOL yeh true! Good to hear though, and that they are trying to keep the 70's rock thing going :cool: