wolfenstein ET...FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by geves, Sep 23, 2005.

1. geves

geves Valued Member

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2D3VP1TAAJG691TB4N1VW1O27G

EDIT: this is 100% freeware, made by the company. this is the installer file for the game. it is 100% free. and unchanged. plz tell me if you plan on posting it on other sites, cuz yousendit, only allows for so many downloads. then i have to re-upload it. so for my sake, if you plan on placing on another website. plz, upload it your self and don't use my link. i've had to re-upload many of my files once before. and i don't like waiting for other sites, despite popular opinion.... I HATE RE-UPLOADING, FOR SITES I"VE NEVER SEEN. LEAVE MY LINK ALONE AND MAKE YOUR OWN.

thank you.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  2. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

its a great game, but you can get the free download anywhere u dont have to host it on usendit

3. geves

geves Valued Member

well because, everywhere that you can get it from is one of those stupid wait in line sites, like download.com, ect..

you have to wait in line for about 15 minutes unless you pay...screw that.

by the time anyone who wants is done waiting in line, they could have the game already.

4. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

if you go to planetwolfenstein the servers are very rarely used, but oh well

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Enemy Territory has been out for years now :D

Id Software are well known for their support of open source; often releasing the source code of some of their best games. They've just recentally released the source code for Quake 3 to the public.

6. geves

geves Valued Member

actually the only reason that ET was released to the public free, was because the developers were WAYYY behind schedule. they were almost no where with the single player, that most video game players would consider enough for a true expansion pack. instead of delaying the game about a year they decided to realease a multiplayer only version for free.

so it's not that they were being nice (although they are) it was more of a "we're really far behind, let's just release it online.. cuz FPS's aren't about single player anyway" sort of thing.

7. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

we dont need an argument, lets just say that ET is a great game and everyone should download it for free. get a MAP clan going or something like that

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Oooh :) I never knew that :) and your right, id software are nice folk :D

9. geves

geves Valued Member

very true... never wanted to make it sound like an argument :D

i'm sure everyone who wanted the game already followed the link... oh well. let's let this topic go to it's creator. the great message board in the sky. :Angel:

10. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

My clan dipped our toes into ET a few months back, Wolfenstein was the first game I played online (a good 3-4 years ago now) and it's always had a special place in my heart. :D ET was free and great too. The maps weren't quite as good as 'RTCW' in my opinion, but they weren't far behind and provide some great moments when I play ET even now.

It has teamplay tactics and Quake-esque mindless blasting in equal measure, I thoroughly recommend it :)