With just one kick I can remove your testicals!

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by finite monkey, May 2, 2012.

1. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

So at TKD class today we were drilling kicks, working up through the grades until we come to the twisting kick

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJWoz9ynD-U"]DRILL: Twist Kick by Barry Shackleford - YouTube[/ame]

After the class I ask my teacher the application of this unusual kick and he replies that it is designed to be used to strike the groin and the twist removes certain parts of the male anatomy...

Is this true?

Can other kicks be used to remove other body parts?

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

nope. but you could always strap a knife to your foot.

3. finite monkey

I just think your not doing it right. Try harder!

4. cloystreng

cloystreng Valued Member

Yeah, I've used the spin wheel kick to cut a man clean in half at the torso. Just strap a sword on.

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

My opinion: No, it isn't true. I don't think there's enough stank on a twist kick to make it worth the effort, quite honestly.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I don't particularly agree with that interpretation :)

The vid shows it as a very flicky point fighting kick, which it can be, but I've seen people deliver it solidly at height such that it can break multiple boards and even deliver it essentially over their own shoulder.

Here's someone not unknown to MAP doing it middle section:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rI_m_TP_n4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rI_m_TP_n4[/ame]

Mitch

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Here's another :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-HeqWpZrAs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-HeqWpZrAs[/ame]

Mitch

8. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

it is good at going around guards, my TKD teacher could kick you in the face at the same range as a jab punch, which was a bit less disconcerting than standing too far away and getting caught with the sliding side kick, nothing like my yop cha jurugi

9. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Reminds me of some early days footage of kyokushin, one guy has a smoke in his mouth, while another does a mai geri front kick and plucks it out at full speed with his toes. Seems a bit ambitious to consider the plums being plucked out that way though lol.

10. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Nice kick though, unfortunately, i reckon my lower leg would fly off across the room if i attempted something like that these days :)

11. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Its not an unusual kick.. its a standard kick taught at (1st Dan) BB levels!

Another example of a ridiculous 'take' on applications (And I mean no offence as its often a case of Chinese Whispers or Monkey see.. or more Monkey hear!)

Well obviously, Jazzy only wore trainers so he didnt slice the board into quarters :)

Is it true.... Pfffft

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  12. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Sure.. boards can break, but testicles do not fly!

Dwijibun Sonkut Tulgi may come closest to achieving that however lol :)

Attached Files:

13. Kyfret

Kyfret New Member

In the first video Mitch posted why did the guy bring his knee in before snapping the kick out? Was is to get more power? It just seems to me that it would be considerably slower than picking the leg up facing were it is going and then twist your body into it.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  14. finite monkey

Ahh! so it is possible to remove body parts with this kick

Use a strap on ?

Did you just make up this word?

Thanks all for your responses. I am a little disapointed, but a little relieved also

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Get that kick wrong and it's possible to remove your own ACL. :)

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

No. But I'm probably misusing it. :)

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

You can never misuse a word if you are describing the power of a strike though.
    I once got told I had a left hook "with some pastie on it".* I knew what he meant.
    By comparison "stank" is positively descriptive.
    :)

* To those outside the UK a pastie is a sort of meat and potato pie food stuff.

18. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

was it a nasty pastie left hook?

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

if you throw them without the silly wind up they're quite quick as a groin kick, actually. and no, you didn't use the word stank correctly. it's the past tense form of stink :p

20. Asterix187

Asterix187 Valued Member

All depends on height I guess as well. If you do a high section twisting kick its hard to remove any testes (unless they are on their head of which some people have just below their #*&$).