Winter

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Xue Sheng, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Winter is at my house now and per usual my house is right on teh line between a predicted 5 to 7 inches and a predicted 6 to 12 inches.....so per usual at my house it is 5 to 12 inches predicted.....welcome to winter

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Lucky! We rarely ever get snow round my area.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I wish we'd get snow as well!

4. ned

ned Valued Member

My favourite programmmes on tv at moment are Life below zero and Wild Alaska !

Quite fancy the idea of building my own off grid cabin out there, not sure I could handle 6months+
    of winter though.
    Closest I get here is cutting up up wood with a chainsaw for my log burner but I welcome long dark nights
    at this time of year.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Winter is....nearly arriving? No. Thats not the phrase...

Winter is... immently attending your current location...

Hmmm catchy but no.

axelb and Smitfire like this.
  6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Winter is...just around the corner?
    Winter is com...pletely normal for this time of year?

axelb likes this.
  7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, it feels like winter has started here, too. I need a second blanket at night now. I was shivering yesterday, and looked at the thermostat on the A/C controller. It said 67 F. Brrr! I turned on the heat for a little while.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

T-shirt weather.

No it really is. If you need a second blanket at 67F, then you need to take a serious look at yourself.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  9. Xue Sheng

It will be in the 30s all next week here...by February we'll think that is warm

10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I just checked google.
    That's nearly 20°C, isn't it.
    Not cold at all, therefore I am with Simon here :eek:

It slowly starts getting a bit cold here, around 4°C (39F I think), but mostly at night.

I'm thinking about getting up tomorrow morning, and take a walk with the dog to the river, to make photos with fog, and frost and such.
    Just not sure, if I really want to get that close to freezing ;)
    Or getting up that early.
    :rolleyes:

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I've just serviced my car, and put a winter jacket, a small snow shovel and some gloves in the car, I'm ready for winter/will look like a well prepared murderer if they police stop me!

axelb likes this.
  12. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

The latter is wayyy more important!

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I usually get a good 3 inches of warm liquid snow on winter days :D

14. Xue Sheng

Same here..almost...it is just that 3 inches of warm liquid snow comes in the form of 3 feet of cold ice crystal snow :D

axelb likes this.
  15. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I still don't get.
    Since Friday.
    Gosh, I hope that's a language or habit problem and not me being dumb :confused::D

16. axelb

snow warmed up = rain :D

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. I worked all day today outside in about 44 Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celsius). If my day was as warm as your night I'd walk outside with shorts on.

18. axelb

I guess it depends on the usual temperature of the region. I visited Kenya when it was 15c and they were wearing jumpers and complaining how cold it was.
    They put hot water bottles in our beds! (Very hospitable, but really confused us at the time).

19. Xue Sheng

I was in Vegas winter and it was 60 to 70 degrees. It was easy to find locals...they were the ones in the full length wool coats and down jackets. I kid you not

AS for here, in real upstate NY.... more snow tonight into tomorrow and the coldest Thanksgiving in 20 yeas is forecast for Thursday. In the morning it will be in the teens and the high is 23F

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

LOL! It's the sudden drop. We lost 20 degrees in a few days. Things have settled now.

Ya, I've seen people dressed like that, too. It's the contrast in temperature, not the actual temperature, that makes them do that, but I think they're being too extreme.