Winter Storm Warning....really!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Xue Sheng, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

it is currently 17 degrees Fahrenheit and they have been predicting snow starting Sunday (today) all week. It started out as snow staring Sunday evening, changing to sleet, rain and freezing rain at some point then back to snow and ending Tuesday morning with accumulations of 6 to 12 inches. Yesterday it all changed, now it is starting at 11:00am today, ending Tuesday morning, no change to sleet, with accumulations of 12 to 21 inches.

Looks like I am spending the next few days snow blowing the driveway, because there is absolutely no way Mrs Xue will take the day off. Even if her Patients cancel, she will still go into her office. Because Wednesday she is off to China for a week.

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I wish it would snow here. I'm sick of rain and freezing temperatures.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Isn't that what snow is?

4. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

Woke up this morning, with just enough snow to be a nuisance. It will melt off by the end of the day, so I will probably skip the shoveling.

5. Xue Sheng

Well, from the looks of this I will be snow blowing and shoveling at

8:00pm tonight
    5:00am in the morning
    6:00pm tomorrow night
    5:00am Tuesday morning

Bet you all wish you could be me :D

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Only when they work in conjunction. Right now it's rain and cold temperatures. When it becomes snow I will complain less (probably)

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Xue Sheng

15 inches at 6:00am, still snowing, but light. The 2nd storm will be here later, another 3 to 6 inches.
    They even closed my office today, so a day off to deal with snow

Dead_pool likes this.
  8. Xue Sheng

4 rounds of clearing my drive way and a bit more than 24 inches of snow..... the storm is over.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.