Winter Soltice Day

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by aikiMac, Dec 21, 2005.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Happy Winter Soltice Day!
    Anyone celebrating? I don't know if I'm just noticing celebrations more, or if people where I live are doing it more, but I know of two parties happening tonight in my town in celebration of the soltice.

I won't be at either one because today is my little boy's birthday. Yep, he was born on the longest night, during a thunderstorm. It was a very yin time indeed.

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Well, I'm gonna celebrate by trying to cram in as much shopping, baking, and wrapping as I can on this .... the shortest day of the year! ....

but it does happen to be the longest night of the year as well ;) .... so I can then cram all my celebrating in tonight ;) :Angel:

From here on the days get longer .... so Yippee!!!!

Happy Birthday little aiki :)

3. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Happy Birthday, to your son. My daughters Birthday was Saturday, really puts an added kink in the Christmas shopping doesn't it?

4. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Happy Winter Soltice to you too, I'm really pleased that some people remember that some of us have two chances to celebrate this season lol. I hope for everyone plenty of blessings and I really hope that whatever you decide to celebrate you have plenty of fun and laughter.
    blessed be
    lisa xx

5. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

Yep, let me add my 'blessed be' to the occasion and also say happy birthday to miniMac too :D

6. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I'll second what jonmonk said and throw in a "Cheers" :D ...

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Its 84F and I"m heading to the beach in a few minutes. Screw winter....

8. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I'll be out late tonight for a revocation. Winter Solstice is my favorite day of the year!

Kwaj you're a hoot. Enjoy the beach and the sun.

9. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Is it me, or did the sun come up slightly earlier this morning? ;)

Happy Winter Solstice everyone!

10. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Actually my son loves winter. He loves to snowboard and I actually like to watch him which isn't very often. Peace to all who love winter and snow!